Bush---the most unpopular Prez in modern history

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by orange turdfrog, May 1, 2008.

1. orange turdfrog

orange turdfrog 25+ Posts

I predict that Bush will go higher in the disapproval rating.. He doesn't have a clue and as a fellow Texan, I am embarrased....

The Link

2. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

"fellow Texan"? GWB is a yankee transplant. All hat, no cattle.

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

You know he's unpopular when even Texans won't claim him.

4. Frogstyle

Frogstyle 25+ Posts

His legacy is huge. Certainly.

5. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

6. formermav43

formermav43 250+ Posts

7. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

He is also the most polled and the most scrutinized. Look for most presidents to hit low numbers toward the end of 8 year terms from now on.

GWB is not as unpopular as these polls make him out to be.

8. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

9. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

10. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict he won't win a 3rd term...[​IMG]

But, if you'd listened to a few posters, that wouldn't be a problem for him since he was just going to declare martial law and stay on indefinitely...[​IMG]

11. blueglasshorse

blueglasshorse 1,000+ Posts

He is absolutely the most unpopular in the last 72 months.

12. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

The man couldn't lead a four car funeral.

There is a reason he lost to Al Gore by 545,000 votes (that we know of). I can think of no better place for his library than SMU; maybe Bill Clements can be the curator.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. UT-69745551

UT-69745551 250+ Posts

Well, his term isn't over yet and there is still a chance that there will be a huge upturn in his popularity when his revolutionary mass transit plan is unveiled later this year. Here's a preview.

[​IMG]

14. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

15. RollingwoodHorn

RollingwoodHorn 500+ Posts

16. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

I have a question:

How close to the highest disaproval of Congress?

I know that the approval rate of Congress is also very low.

IF it is also a record, might that not be as much a commentary on the way Americans view our government right now as much as it does how we view the president? Just asking the question.

Also, Al Gore didn't beat GWB. No offense, but I thought you knew that the American people do not vote directly for President. Perhaps this point missed you somehow.

17. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

18. Brubricker

Brubricker 250+ Posts

Has Congress EVER had a good approval rating? I mean seriously, it doesn't even matter which party has the majority. Hating on Congress is ALWAYS routine and normal.

19. dognduckhorn

dognduckhorn 500+ Posts

20. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

I'd vote for him again over Kerry.

21. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

22. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

So, Democrats, nominate someone better. Please.

I just don't see that happening. I hope McCain signs up a very good Veep.

23. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Seriously, I think if you trotted out Algore or Kerry out there again, Bush would win again. Nominate someone better. (FYI you won't this year)

24. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

"You earned every bit of it"

[​IMG]

25. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

Bush has the distinction of polarizing the lefties for his foreign aggression as they see it, AND pissing off the fiscal conservatives in his own party. It takes a truly spectacularly bad politician to piss off everyone. Usually just one side hates you, but he kicked it up a notch.

26. pevodog

pevodog 1,000+ Posts

GWB's main fault is a lack of understanding of american history and war, more specifically how citizens react to war in a democratic nation. One of his main arguments for creating a democracy in Iraq was that Iraq would be peaceful because people in a democracy have no stomach for war, well duh, that theory not holds true in the middle east , but in America, also. Every war America has fought, the public support was waning at the end, the Civil war, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

27. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

28. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

Wait until history gets a good look at the sleaze of this Presidency as the bits of information that were not purposefully destroyed slowly seep out. I guess it would be in poor taste to mention the successful obstruction of Justice by Bush, Cheney and Scooter....

What's hilarious about this thread though is the silly partisans actually trying to blame... the media... even now for "excessive polling" for Bush's approval ratings.

In this instance Bush's approval ratings actually are slightly higher than his actual performance in office has been....

29. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

30. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, but he is building a giant wall between the U.S. and Mexico, you have to give him all the credit for that.