Bush---the most unpopular Prez in modern history

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by orange turdfrog, May 1, 2008.

1. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

2. stabone

stabone 500+ Posts

3. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

4. Dr.Strangehorn

Dr.Strangehorn 100+ Posts

5. Michael Knight

Michael Knight 1,000+ Posts

I'll never understand the deluded people who still support Bush. However even they can't muster up more support than "he's not that bad".

6. HornGrandioso

HornGrandioso 500+ Posts

Isn't anyone else afraid that all this Bush-bashing will just embolden the terrorists that read Hornfans?

Just sayin...

7. 4thGeneration

4thGeneration 25+ Posts

8. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

9. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Fat Crazy,
    You are incorrect in your assertion that SMU doesn't want the Bush library. SMU very much wants the library which is why the process has gone as far as it has.
    The link you sent was one to the General Conference of the United Methodist Church, which ends today in Ft. Worth. There was a petition submitted to that body. It was essential a petition for SMU not to associate itself with the Bush library. From this The Link

you can hit the link to the full text that was submitted and passed. What was voted on and passed, was NOT the petition, but the motion to refer the petition to the South Central Jurisdiction of the UMC. Jurisdictional Conferences are held after General Conference. This means that the General Conference thought this matter was an issue to be decided by the Jurisdiction and NOT the General Conference.
    If I am not mistaken oversight of SMU is done at the Jurisdictional level anyway.
    Hope that clears up the issue.

10. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

11. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

I think a school like SMU would be really dumb to reject a presidential library, no matter whose name is on it.

12. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

I would vote for W over Obama, easily over Hillary too. As bad as W has been with spending, Kerry, Gore, Obama, Hillary all would spend more if you can believe it.

W has been too much like a democrat with respect to spending. That the military has not figured a way to surveil their security patrol paths with greater effectiveness, or that it took them years to figure out the IED strategy of the enemy is not W's fault either.

It took courage to keep the security patrols happening even though there were some casualties. Not casualties to the extent of any previous war of this magnitude however.

The only way the Iraq war is seen as a failure is if you didn't think there would be casualties. So the peaceniks and people who would have only used air power are of course going to be upset.

If I was in charge I would have rather taken the blame for more civilian casualties and had even less US soldier casualties. I would have ramped up the drone fleet by about 20-fold to have more eyes in the sky in the early days to watch the security patrol routes, and decoy routes too.

Should W get involved in the minute details of military security tactics? That is the only way W could have prevented casualties given that the Iraq countryside needed to have security presence.(something that the same people who complain now about the casualties from teh security patrols also complained when there wasn't security patrols when the art was stolen in the early days)

W can't win with the people who never wanted this war, or any war for that matter. It is that people don't advertise their peacenik proclivities when they are on the internet, you can't tell always, so your peacenik filter doesn't get acuated like it does when you see those freaks in person.

Another interesting dynamic from all of this is the lack of partisan support from the R side. We, the R's, actually will criticise our guy when he screws up. We criticise actions we don't like. In my case I have said since 2003 that we needed to cut back the spending since all through 2002 we overspent for a reason to battle back from 9/11. the spending never stopped, the R's acted too much like Dems. That is clearly, nearly, always a mistake.

13. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

14. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

you disagree? where would dems spend less?

15. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

16. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

17. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

18. cloydtex

cloydtex 250+ Posts

19. LurkerintheDark

LurkerintheDark 250+ Posts

At the end of the day, when all is done, I think one word will sum up GWB through his whole career.

It's not "principles." I haven't seen that he has any.
    It's not "convictions." I'd like to see him convicted, though.
    It's not "morals." Torture, anyone?

The Word:

clueless

Almost every time he opens his mouth, that word flashes in big neon letters over his head.

(Yeah, say the same about me; but the crucial difference is: I'm not the prez of the US.)

20. UT-69745551

UT-69745551 250+ Posts

Born on home plate and thought he hit a homer.

21. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

22. GT WT

GT WT 1,000+ Posts

23. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Lone Star,
    The media HAS misrepresented the War according to thousands of soldiers who have actually served there, including 8 from my family.
    However, the point I was we have ran a politically correct war when war should not be. We should have went in with all of our might and took care of business instead of worrying about what the world thought. You don't go to war to impress people, you go to war to win.
    We easily won the military aspect, but all of the PC nonsense afterwards has slowed our keeping the peace.

24. softlynow

softlynow 1,000+ Posts

25. rivet

rivet 500+ Posts

Absolutely more unpopular than, and inferior to, president Carter.

26. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

The real problem with President Bush was he attacked a country that wasn't a direct threat to our country, and thus all the silliness of dragging in civilain deaths in Japan and Germany is ridiculous on the face of it. But make a good red herring for the Bush apologists.

I also like those that would like a "good and principled" but clearly stupid man making decisions rather than a politically calculating smart man amking decisions. . [​IMG]

27. cloydtex

cloydtex 250+ Posts

28. rivet

rivet 500+ Posts

In reply to:

29. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

Carter attacked Iran first, by the way

30. Mister Falcon

Mister Falcon 250+ Posts

If the guy you voted for is a failure, just change the standard:

2001: Better than Reagan