Buster Douglas v. Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jive_Turkey, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Just got done watching it on ESPN Classic. Still gives me goosebumps. Amazing fight. It transports back to my buddies living room in Plano. That was my senior year of high school. Me and two buddies watched that fight, expecting it to last 5 minutes. We had big plans to go hook up with some Plano skanks. These were sure things. We told them we'd be there in a few minutes because we wanted to see the fight, but don't worry, it won't last long.

Well, the fight kept going and going. Buster looked strong. Then in the 8th, Tyson put him on the canvas. We thought it was over. But Buster made like Screech and was saved by the bell. Ninth round was epic. And then the climax in the 10th. Buster did the impossible. Me and my buddies were hugging each other in a mass of humanity in the living room, knowing that we'd seen one of the greatest upsets in the history of sport.

We called the chicks, but they split. Who cared. Bros before ho's, and my and my boys saw something the likes of which we'd never see again.

2. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

"That boy hit like a mutha fuckin' mule kick!"

3. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

4. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

He could have gotten up sooner. He clearly waited until the last second just to take as long as possible.

You got schooled, Mike. Give it up.

[​IMG]

5. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Yep Mike, you got your butt kicked.

6. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

Effing cutman and trainer!

7. MAROON

MAROON 250+ Posts

my experience was almost exactly the same as Jive's except our skanks were from Clear Lake

8. TXSooner518

TXSooner518 250+ Posts

I was 11, and it was the first time I'd ever cussed in front of my dad. I yelled "HOLY ****" when Tyson hit the deck. It was even in front of my grandmother, and no one said a thing.