Buy a Brisket for a good cause...

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by Smurfette, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

A friend of mine just sent me this email, and I instantly thought about all of the folks on Hornfans who are looking for a good brisket.

Father's Day Benefit
    Sunday, June 21, 2009
    hosted by St. Ignatius Martyr Church Men’s Club
    126 W. Oltorf
    (Northwest Corner of Oltorf & Congress)

10-12 lb fully cooked briskets
    $40 each cash or check
    Available for pick up 8 am - noon

pre-order by Wednesday, June 17, 2009
    with Steve Palmer at 512.565.0361
    or Eddie Cantu at 512.658.3393

Sunday, June 21st
    at St. Ignatius Martyr Church

The benefit is for:
    A lifelong Texan, Jamie was born in Dallas on October 4, 1988 and recently began studying at The University of Texas at Austin to be a pharmacist. She is a charming,bright and funny young woman. Unfortunately, on November 13, 2008, that life was nearly cut short when she contracted a bacterial infection, the meningococcal bacteria. Even though she survived there was little that her doctors could do once the infection had set in. On February 6, 2009, doctors at St. Joseph Hospital in Houston amputated both of Jamie’s legs below her knees and removed most of her digits on both hands. Jamie is constantly talking about being back in school, and finally, after being in the hospital for almost six months, she sees that her goal is almost realized. She still has several months of painstaking surgery and years of rehabilitation ahead of her, but with the help of her family and friends, she will endure her trials and surpass all expectations as she’s done in the past. Jamie is encouraged by the love and support of her mother, Patsy, and her siblings, Nicholas, KC and Roni. Read more about Jamie’s journey atThe Link