Buying tickets at the game?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Aragorn, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

How hard will it be? Seems like there are a ton of cheap tickets available for this game. Theoretically, that means I should be able to get tickets cheap outside the stadium on game day, right?

2. MaceHorn

MaceHorn 100+ Posts

Judging by the number of cheap and FREE tix offered on Swap Meet, I'd say you might hold out for FREE tix outside the gates Monday night. Enjoy the game and all the hoopla for those of us back in Austin!

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Go - tixs will be the easiest part of the trip.

I'll be there [​IMG]

4. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Almost any game on TV where both teams have to travel to the site will provide ample supplies of easy to get, cheap tickets at the gate. The 2005 Rose Bowl is an example.
    Now, the 2006 Rose Bowl was a completely different matter, but that was an exception to the rule. Of course, the game was not only the national championship game, but on home turf for USC, which could have sold out the stadium by itself.

5. 93ex

93ex 100+ Posts

Agreed. Very cheap or possibly free tickets shouldn't be a problem. I would probably make the trip myself if it weren't on a freaking Monday right after the holidays.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Any ideas where the best place to find tickets on the stadium grounds might be? HF tailgate?

7. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

From people walking around holding them up above their heads.

8. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

When getting tickets from a scalper, any idea which side I should go for (ie where there will be more UT fans)?

9. slugfest

slugfest 500+ Posts

When walking from the outdoor mall to the stadium, there's a designated area to buy tickets on the right. At least there was before the Falcons/Cardinals game on Saturday.

10. Cheese Taco

Cheese Taco 25+ Posts

Glendale's finest were undercover around the area that the shuttle buses left off at the north side of the stadium, giving warnings out. However, as long as you confined your transactions to the designated fenced-in area, it was 100% a buyer's market. The scalping pro's with the stacks of tickets were about to have a stroke, there was nobody buying. I got a 50 yl, 3rd row upper deck ticket for $15, 30 minutes before kickoff, and soon realized that I overpaid.