Byrne: Horns decline to play through 2018.

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by BigEarlinBastrop, Oct 14, 2011.

1. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

2. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

I'm tempted to pull an aggy, scrap the rest of the season, and start preparing for thanksgiving right now. This game is going to be one of the most important non-important games ever.

3. westexas

westexas 250+ Posts

I don't think anyone should be shocked at this. It's been talked about for over a month. aggy should just get over it. No one is scared to play them.

4. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

We can play'um, I'm okay.

Or we can not play'um, I'm okay.

I don't much care about the aggy.

5. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

Begun this Arkansification war has.

6. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

We've been Byrned?

7. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

plain and simple [lather-rinse-repeat], if aggy wanted to play with Texas they should have stayed in the Big XII. Good bye and good riddance to the aggy.

8. HornFan4Ever

HornFan4Ever 25+ Posts

9. SportsICT

SportsICT 500+ Posts

Good, good, this is great! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

a&who???

11. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Now aggy can have their turkey and eat it too on Thanksgiving.

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They can schedule West Texas A&M or A&M-Kingsville for their Thanksgiving game. Sort of kjeeping it in the family (which is the choice du jur of the SEC)!

13. Horn_in_Toronto

Horn_in_Toronto 250+ Posts

Over Texags they are saying that Texas is afraid and running away, they say the press and radio is all on their side in painting Texas as running way. Is this true?
    The few articles and blogs I have read seem to be more concerned with crying about how commercialization is changing the nature of college sports, and destroying old rivalries, I have not read anything accusing Texas of running away.

14. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

Other than Dick Justice, no one outside of Colleg Station is accusing Texas of running away. In fact, when this all started most of the media was on the side of "A&M is running away from Texas." as usual, they are living in a fantasy land.

We have booked our OOC schedule, and unlike A&M, we prefer to keep our contractual obligations.

15. gemhorn

gemhorn < 25 Posts

I technically don't have an issue with this. However I don't like Dodd's approach. An email that is not exactly factually correct. If you look at the future schedule there is actually 1 open slot in 2018. Also the argument can be made it would be easy for us to get out of UTEP, Rice, Cal, etc........Arkie got out of a game with with just 1 year notice and re scheduled in a couple of years.

Bottom line is if he doesn't want to play them just say it and don't make reasons that are not exactly true the reason for it.

16. horn123

horn123 500+ Posts

a&who???
    -------------------------------------------
    It's on the tip of my tongue. [​IMG]

17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

18. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

19. L4UT

L4UT 100+ Posts

Don't need to play them - remember it's always "someone else's" fault -big bad UT has more money than us and it's not fair yada yada - same song 100th verse- a$m, always the victim- we all know Byrne never lies(wonder how the tweeting is going in Lubbock)- won't miss that game - their whole existence as a school is brain washing the hate against us, wonder what they'll do now

20. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

21. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

A&M is like the wife that leaves you and your left with the house payment and the kids. Then she demands that you continue to celebrate the anniversary even after the divorce decree and throws a fit when you say no.

22. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

i think it's hilarious that Byrn has instructed his coaching staff to contact their UT counterparts to see if anything can be scheduled. i think he's figured out that DeLoss is sick of his public lies & denigrations & has sawed of $bill's end of the table & broken his plate.

23. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

and the horse they rode in on.

24. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

Or out on!!!

25. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

...and the poop they fling that falls out of it.

26. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

27. aggressor

aggressor 100+ Posts

A&M has no interest in playing Baylor or Tech in football anytime soon. Besides the obvious hard feelings (Tech with their fan behavior and Baylor with their lawsuits) neither game does much for A&M, especially as a home and home. The Texas game was worth going to some trouble over but Baylor and Tech are worthless, though it would be a boon for either of them as the A&M game is typically their best attended game of the year.

28. Speedway

Speedway 250+ Posts

It is certainly not, a matter of TEXAS not wanting to "play" the aggy. Brown has pretty much beat them regularly while he has been at TEXAS. And, TEXAS owns the aggy by plus thirty games in the overall series. TEXAS has a winning record @ College Station.

It is a matter of Dodds’ not wanting to "pay" the aggy. TEXAS, is aggys biggest pay day of the year and it now has gone bye-bye. That is what those moronic aggys are crying about. Money. It’s always money. Poor disfunctional ********.

To all aggys:

Good bye.
    Good luck.
    Good ******* Riddance.

We are TEXAS. You are not.

29. aggressor

aggressor 100+ Posts

Texas has the same face value as Mizzou this year I believe and both are sellouts. A&M has sold out every game this year as well and the rest are already sold out. Not much of a financial impact. Next year A&M will have the SEC teams coming which are also going to be guaranteed sell outs. A&M is loaded with "feature" games with the SEC schedule so season ticket demand will remain high. The extra money for Texas comes from the State Farm sponsorship which is nice but that helps both schools. Texas is the one with the turd home schedule for the next 5 years.

30. Y Sanchez

Y Sanchez 250+ Posts

Aggy has sold out every home game this year?

Wowsers.

Does that include the folding chairs on the home sideline?