Cabo golf...(urgent)

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by unpaintedhuffhines, Aug 22, 2008.

1. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

can't locate the last thread about this topic....I am in Cabo and will be making golf reservations today.

Cabo Real
    Cabo del Sol
    Palmilla

fortunately we are in the off season so I don't have to pay $350 per round, however I'm playing twice and want to know a few things. Cabo del Sol is apparently the best course here, followed by Palmilla. I can play both past 3pm for $200, or pay a little more for normal tee time. I am assuming OCean course at Cabo del Sol is the way to go vs their desert course. Which should I play, Palmilla or Cabo del Sol?

I am most likely playing Cabo Real as it's only $140 and across the street from my hotel (looks like a decent course, any thoughts?)

I can also play Club Campestre in San Jose. Newer course. If I play this course with Cabo Real together, the cost gets even lower (special deal). How is this course?

thoughts appreciated.

2. hornv

hornv 100+ Posts

Cabo del Sol ocean course is much better than Palmilla, IMO. It is as close to Pebble as you will find anywhere. Don't know about Real or Campestre. Have fun.

3. dfw75201

dfw75201 250+ Posts

I have no idea, but the thread title gave me a good laugh. A Cabo golf emergency!

4. utex02

utex02 25+ Posts

i played there about a month ago, desert course was in a little better shape but the ocean is worth the little more money for the views. palmilla is nice as well.
    ocean, desert, palmilla would be my suggestion

5. Cluck

Cluck 25+ Posts

I've played the ocean course and the course itself is overated. There's no dirt under the grass, it's a bunch of little pebbles. Anyways, the views are nice.

6. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

was not impressed with Ocean's greens. Slow and untrue. Ball was moving around all over the place. Fairways in great condition as were the surroundings. Tees were in abysmal shape.

Cabo Real had much better greens (del Sol's were greener). Rolled true and a bit faster. Fairways in good shape.

7. Gen. Applewhite

Gen. Applewhite 25+ Posts

those untrue greens you speak of could have been the wicked grain which pulls balls towards the lighthouse.