Cade McCrary

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by 4th_and_18, Dec 8, 2008.

1. 4th_and_18

4th_and_18 100+ Posts

Somebody want to let me in on the story as to why he is not being recruited?

6'4" 185

76 catches
    1558 yards
    21 TD

gilbert and cade alredy read each other's minds

What's the deal here?

2. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

It could be due to the scholarship limits which is a shame. It looks like he would be a good one for us.

3. LTDave

LTDave 25+ Posts

Another good reason to recruit him, is Gilbert has been throwing to him since they were playing Pop Warner. They have been buddies since grade school. They can read each others minds after 10 years.

OT, but Gilbert connected with his 'little' brother in the game versus Killeen. That kid is an amazing athlete as well.

4. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

5. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

He could come to Texas and be roommates with Gilbert, and then we can hear about it at least ten times a game.

6. 4th_and_18

4th_and_18 100+ Posts

I can't find anything on him. There has to be some reason that no school is going after him. he is a senior right? that's the only thing that the websites have on him. "Lake Travis, Senior, WR, 6'4" 185"

7. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

I thought 1 of their WR's was a big time baseball recruit who was expected to get drafted really high?

8. LTDave

LTDave 25+ Posts

That was Cohl Walla, who is coming to UT (unless he gets a better offer in the draft). Stud center fielder - hits for average, power and covers the field like a deer.

Cade McCrary's dad coached for Mack Brown here at UT. You'd think there would be a natural connection there, unless his leaving created some friction or something.

9. Beef

Beef 100+ Posts

I remember when Cade use to run around practice and go get the tee on game days. It is hard for me to see him grown up as a big time prospect, but I did watch him on TV one game this year and was impressed. I would like to see him at UT as a preferred walk-on if we do not have a ship open.

10. LISD149

LISD149 100+ Posts

McCrary's dad was the DE coach and part of Mack Brown's original staff. He resigned after the 2003 season about the same time as Carl Reese and was replaced as a position coach by Oscar Giles.

11. LTDave

LTDave 25+ Posts

The Link
    Cade making one of many awesome catches:
    The Link
    Garrett sacrificing body:

12. LTDave

LTDave 25+ Posts

I asked one of the varsity player's dads, and he isn't aware of recruiting for McCrary. Maybe he could walk on or something. Seems like there should be a place for a guy that runs great routes, has phenomenal hands, and buts up amazing numbers.

13. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Neither link works for me.

14. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

Nothing about him on Rivals and 1 star on Scout. Does he not have next level speed?

15. LTDave

LTDave 25+ Posts

I wish I knew his 40 time. I'll ask around. He seems to get behind the DBs often enough.
    Sorry my pics link didn't work. Am new here, and having a little trouble in that department.

16. cwofford

cwofford < 25 Posts

looks like he's walking on with the good guys:
    The Link

17. misirlou

misirlou 250+ Posts

What is "average speed"? 4.7, 4.9?

A 6'3" guy that runs great routes sounds pretty good in college even at 4.7. Not as your primary receiver but definitely as a 3rd option who is going against the 4th best DB on the defense. The big assumption is that great routes in HS equals great routes in college.