Caleb Benenoch announces

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by IPLonghorns, Dec 10, 2012.

1. IPLonghorns

IPLonghorns 250+ Posts

UCLA ...per twitter

2. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

National Signing Day for Horn fans has the making of an underwhelming event. 3 down seasons apparently has an effect. How many good seasons will it take to recover? How many more down seasons will it take to warrant change? [​IMG]

3. WestGAHorn

WestGAHorn 500+ Posts

This isn't a surprise. It was reported last week that the 'ship had sailed as Texas had shifted their focus to Billings and Harrison.

4. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

5. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

Notanative, I wasn't referring to recruiting class rankings when I asked (benignly) how many down seasons it would take to warrant change? I was referring to season records and change in head coaching position. Clearly, Snyder is proof that you don't have to have 10 years of top 5 recruiting classes to win conference titles and be BCS bound.

Something has to give, though. If the current coaching staff cannot achieve dominating results with the raw talent levels on scholarship, will the lower-ranked recruiting classes be able to overcome what more talented hauls have not? Some teams win because of coaching, some win despite coaching. And then some are named Illinois or Virginia.

6. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

7. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

I think you are going to see kids who love Texas and all that Texas is committing and holding firm. Those who want a shot at early playing time will also have an interest in Texas. Now... those who want a program with a legitimate title shot will not hold firm. Texas is spinning ever so slowly back to mediocrity and I think these recruits see it and if not, they are told by other schools that the glory days of the 2000's is gone.

Hell, the star rating doesn't even seem to matter at Texas. You have 5 and 4 stars playing worse than 3 star players. All I want is for our existing players and future prospects to play all in. Play the 60 minutes they have each week to their fullest and leave it all on the field and hopefully with a W. These past years recruits have amounted to very little except their pedigrees.

What ever the my opinion is, something has to change at the 40.