Caleb Johnson is transferring

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Garmel, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 2
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I wish him well.
    I am sure the Coaching staff was honest with him.

3. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

This makes LB even thinner... Guess Gbenda needs to move back to full-time LB with Young returning and LB becoming extremely thin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Based on what I read, he seems very impatient... 3 games have been played. Someone ahead of him gets injured and he is probably playing...

I suspect Gbenda will be moving back to LB this week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I tend to agree with the statement above that he's impatient. I'll go with the coaches decision on when and how much he plays. They have watched him in practice and if he was another true "Mr. All American LB" he'd have won the starting job. He may be merely another guy worried to much about getting to the NFL and not working hard to impress his college coaches. Besides, this ain't the damn JUCO league he in right now. So, if we don't see him in the burnt orange again, "Bye! Don't forget to write!"

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Considering the quality and ability of our LB corp, if he ain't startin, his Sundays will likely be spent on a sofa, bar stool, or sandlot. Hope I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

He the guy who sucker punched Kerstetter ?

8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That would be DE Jacoby Jones--who's been playing frequently (and rather well) in relief.

9. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Guys forget they gotta compete at the new school too. Nobodies handing out starting positions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

My whole issue with the transfer tendency as of late

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

That is a player issue, not a transfer portal issue.

12. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

What? It's always a player issue. But they've made the new system so easy, kids just have to get their feelings hurt to transfer.

Hard work fighting for a chance to start? Nah I'll just transfer. I'm a star athlete .. I'm entitled to playing time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. BurntOrangeLH

So your argument is it is better to retain an unhappy player who no longer believes in the program?

15. BurntOrangeLH

There is a real downgrade for him. Well, the school is not any worse.

16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Cmon. I never made that my argument. And it's an oversimplification. The US divorce rate would be 90% if it were made so easy to leave whenever you were unhappy. Same for jobs.

Things are hard. Sometimes suck. Sometimes we hate our job, our spouse, etc. Most of the time, it requires grit and character to make the most and the best of it. And when you come out on the other side, your job and marriage are better for it.

Sometimes, it is NOT a good fit. You work through it and it still doesn't work out. Then part ways.

My argument is that most people are unhappy in important relationships at some point, and it's good to try and work through it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

UCLA--Now there's one broken (but formerly very good) program that could use all the help they can get. No hard feelings dude, I wish you well, and thanks for freeing up another scholarship for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BurntOrangeLH

I think that is a reasonable argument for a mature person. It is hard to fault one in one's youth wanting the spotlight in one's fleeting best athletic moment.

Rowing the ship was just as important as fighting in the ancient Greek Navies.

19. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I don't want to belabor the argument, but at what age do you begin to teach and create systems/structure that have people think this way then, if 20 is too young? Imo college is not too early.