california bears putting the word out to treat LONGHORN FANS with appreciation / hospitality...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by meadowlark, Sep 14, 2016.

1. meadowlark

meadowlark 100+ Posts

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

After the initial reference to the "Mack Brown Rose Bowl debacle of 2004", that was a good piece.

It's funny , really, that those people still think Mack did anything every other coach wasn't doing at that time, particularly when asked in interviews if he felt Texas deserved a high BCS ranking. What the hell is he going to say? "No comment" or "Well, gosh, heck no, we should maybe be ranked around 10 or so". Ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

If the Cal folks had read the 2004 post by Syntex they would shut up about it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. horninchicago

I forgot about that post! Great stuff!

5. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Ironic they refer to the "Rose Bowl debacle". Little mention of them getting ***** slapped by Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl.

• Like Like x 3
  6. horninchicago

My guess is they would say the team was "down" since they "deserved" a Rose Bowl bid. Just a guess...

7. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

We won the Rose Bowl. They struggled with Southern Mississippi and lost to Texas Tech by 14 in the state of california. We beat the same Tech team by 30 in Lubbock. Their only gripe with Texas is that we had a better football team than them and their only gripe with Mack Brown is that he produced a better football team than Tedford. They probably had a worse football team than Mack had every year he was at Texas so they should really get over it. He even turned around and beat them in Holiday Bowl years later. Get over it Cal and accept reality.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  8. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

They did not publish a hospitality treatise in 1969, because as I walked up the main street towards their stadium, we got ragged by long-haired hippies, and this was from the front porches of the frat houses. I didn't know what a hippie was then, but times soon changed in Austin.
    That is the only time I ever witnessed hippie frats. It was somewhat akin to witnessing a UFO landing with aliens emerging.