Calvin Howell

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by longhornfan2818, May 14, 2008.

1. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

Orangebloods says they have some reliable sources that say Howell has pulled the trigger and we have number 18.

[​IMG]

2. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

I have heard the same thing from a very respected source.

3. enigma2025

enigma2025 25+ Posts

If true, then thank god. DT was a HUGE need and he is a beast. Now if we can just get McFarland to join him.

Welcome to the 40, Calvin! [​IMG]

4. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

Jason Suchomel just said he got off the phone with Calvin and he did indeed commit.

5. HornLivin

HornLivin 250+ Posts

[​IMG] A very important commitment. Congrats to Calvin and to the staff for bringing in a bigtime DT. Now let's get McFarland to play next to him. Scary.

6. Nytejag

Nytejag 100+ Posts

This is GREAT news!! If we can land McFarland to be the other, what a great team they could be!! [​IMG]

7. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Welcome to UT, Mr. Howell. Glad to have you aboard. [​IMG]

8. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

great news...Howell will be a beast in Austin. You made a great choice Calvin, enjoy your time on the 40! [​IMG]

9. Tom Ato

Tom Ato 25+ Posts

this class has some major talent....... [​IMG]

10. hornsandcards

hornsandcards 100+ Posts

Awesome pickup. Just get McFarland Mack!! [​IMG]

11. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

Anybody know how many Scholarships we have left?

12. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

13. NorthCoastHorn

NorthCoastHorn 500+ Posts

14. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

15. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

16. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Congrats to UT on a great new commit; Ags would love to have your Feb 08 class and your current class!

An early Aggie lean!

An early Aggie offer!

An early Aggie visit!

And Aggie Coach Sherman continues to maintains his perfect record of losing each and every head to head recruiting battle with UT, lsu, ou and tulsa university!

How can any coach have results this bad ?

The national publications that ranked Mike Sherman as the eighth best coach in the Big 12 and the 46th best coach of 66 in the BCS came out before the results of the Feb 08 signing class and this current signing class were in. The way Mike let the Feb 08 class fall apart and now this current recruiting class results would rank him 13th in the BIg 12 and 67th in the BCS.

Mike, do you just walk in the room , filled with early Aggie leans with early Aggie offers, and immediately turn off four and five star players by last century's recruiting methods?

Oh, I forgot; recruiting by-passed Mike, Tim, and Mike's mentor RC, back in the 1990's, last century!

Mike, a clue, there is no draft of high school seniors in college football!

Sherman has alredy absolutely decimated the Feb 08 and 09 Aggie recruiting classes.

Our A&M squad will be so badly deluted in 2009 and beyond, it will take the next AD and Head Coach from 2009 to 2013, five recruiting classes and five losing seasons just to get the squad back to where we are now!

Byrne's hiring results and Shermans recruiting results make me puke!

miller58

A&M a rebuilding and a winning season in 2006, and champs in 2008!

17. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Great pick up!

Big time player at a position of need.

18. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Damn. Sherman already feeling the heat. I thought it was a weird hired to begin with.

Good choice Howell. Welcome aboard!!! [​IMG]

19. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

20. GoHorns08

GoHorns08 100+ Posts

21. shotgun427

shotgun427 250+ Posts

22. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

my personal opinions:

Knoxvillehorn, if you think Sherman was a weird hire with his zero recruiting and coaching experience as a college head coach, then what do you think about the assistants A&M hired?

Obviously, with Sherman out of college recruiting for ten years, it had passed him by, and he needed experienced help recruiting.

So A&M hired 9 assistant coaches that between all of them together, total for the last 5 (FIVE) years, had signed a total of 2 (TWO) football players that had four star ranking or better.

UT, lsu and ou's staff for example signed between 62 and 77 in the same five year period.

And $Bill just stood by and let it all happen with his finger up in the air. Now that's really weird!

miller58

23. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

24. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

Congrats Calvin! Welcome to the Longhorn family! [​IMG]

25. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

Mr. Howell,

You chose wisely. Welcome to the 40 acres! [​IMG]

26. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

We've got half of a great defensive line pledged...now, if McFarland and Kennard pull the trigger for the good guys, we will have a monster front coming in.

27. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

DT is a key spot!

28. TexanByChoice

TexanByChoice 250+ Posts

I don't think there is any chance in hell that we get Kennard.

I'd love to be wrong.

29. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

30. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Couple this gain with the fact that his coach is an aggy & former player... OH HELL YES!!!
    [​IMG]