Campo IS a Cowboy Again.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LightTheTower, Jan 29, 2008.

1. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

2. Don Johnson

Don Johnson 250+ Posts

Heard this morning that Dom Capers was going to be our LB coach. Any truth to that? I swear I heard Norm on the Ticket talking as if it was a done deal days ago.

3. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

Could Parcell's have just upgraded our defensive coaching staff?

4. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

5. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

6. hornfan_82

hornfan_82 100+ Posts

the reason campo was allowed to come was that they had just hired donnie abraham to coach the dbs. just because a coach allows an assistant to leave doesnt mean the assistant sucks. look at garrett coming from miami. on top of that, im sure we all agree that campo was a pretty badass secondary coach and he will have just as much, if not more, talent now to work with.

also looks like dom capers will be the new lbs coach. thats four former defensive coordinaters now on staff as assistants.

7. CadetHorn

CadetHorn 250+ Posts

Him being a terrible head coach has nothing to do with how he coaches the secondary.....we (with Akina) should know this better than anyone. He was also a fantastic DC while with the Cowboys, but not a good fit for the head coach. I will give him the benefit of the doubt though; Cowboys were in big time salary cap problems and were leaning their future on the likes of Quincy Carter [​IMG]

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

This is a step up for the Dallas defense. He was on the staff for three Super Bowls and his defenses finished in the NFL's top 10 in four of his five years as defensive coordinator for the Cowboys.

Great hire.

9. capitalcity

capitalcity 100+ Posts

I love the hire.

Hopefully Jerry gets Dave a new pet project in Talib, or the kid out of Troy.

10. tpatt34

tpatt34 25+ Posts

I love that Campo is back! He may not have been much of a Head Coach in Dallas, but he is one hell of an Assistant Coach. I hope they bring in Capers as well. I seriously think this staff has just been majorly upgraded.

11. Third Coast

If the Cowboys get a good CB prospect in the draft and Campo can help keep Roy from being totally lost in coverage, it will be a big improvement.

The same goes for Houck and the offensive line. Hopefully he can help Flozell (if he's back) and Columbo from committing as many dumbass false starts. I know these guys played pretty well this year, but they had to be among the league leaders in false start penalties.

Oh, and maybe Hud can help Gurode eliminate those annoying high snaps out of the shotgun.

12. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Great hire. Very good coach just not a good head coach.

13. Third Coast

“The things we saw in Roy years ago, I saw some good things,” Campo said. “I think I can get with him and we can see if we can progress. I think Roy has skills and I think he can play better than he’s playing.”

14. Meursault

Meursault 250+ Posts

I'm cool wit it. [​IMG]