Can anyone justify NOT having the Wall?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

What more does the left need to happen in order for them to be snapped back to reality on this issue?

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

How or what will we USA do if illegals continue to storm the border?
    We can't do much more than tear gas. We saw we let in the illegal was dragging her diapered school age kids. Now we can spend our taxpayer money taking care of them for years.
    How many more can we afford?
    I need to find Schumer's stand on illegals from 2009.

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Trust me. It was dumb luck more than anything. And there was a downside. I dated her while I was preparing for and taking the Bar exam. Not easy to study with a chick like that around.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I confirmed that they were the real thing pretty early on. And confirming that for the first time was like opening a Christmas card from you granddad and finding a million dollar check in it.

5. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

A Dem in the White House. Maybe.

6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Kirstjen Nielsen testimony today -- she expects her department to apprehend 900,000 illegal immigrants at the border this year, both between ports of entry and at border crossings.

"Illegal immigrations is simply spiraling out of control. We have drugs, criminal and violence spilling into our country every week. Make no mistake, this is getting worse..."

She added that DHS has to give a pregnancy test to "every girl over 10" who enters the country illegal at the southern border. "This is not a safe journey."
    And, thus, Democrats and Trump-haters opposed to border security are rape-enablers.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is insanity
    And it means Trump was accurate by pressing this issue last year

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Again I ask you, what are all of these uneducated, low-skill immigrants going to do once robotics/technology have taken all their jobs away?

(I am looking for an answer other than "reliably vote for Democrats)

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Some libs are now starting to believe that there is an immigration crisis but they're blaming Trump for it. You can't make this **** up. :lmao:

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He is going to have to shut the entire southern border down. Probably using the military. And soon

The current influx is roughly a city the size of San Francisco each year. Which is wholly unsustainable. Allowing it to continue is idiotic and suicidal. With the Legislative Branch sitting on its hands in the face of this, the Executive Branch has no choice but to act. I would argue that it is duty-bound to act. Failure to act, under these circumstances, is a breach of the oath of office, a dereliction of duty and perhaps even unconstitutional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

He has a phone and a pen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And this is what opposition to the Wall is all about
    Democrats know they cannot win future elections without the illgeal immigrant vote
    Same reason they always fight attempts to root out voter fraud

"House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting"
    House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections, turning back a GOP attempt to discourage the practice.

The vote marks a stunning reversal from just six months ago, when the chamber — then under GOP control — voted to decry illegal immigrant voting.

“We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in,” Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and hero of the civil rights movement, told colleagues as he led opposition to the GOP measure.

The 228-197 vote came as part of a broader debate on Democrats’ major legislative priority this year, HR 1, the “For the People Act,” which includes historic expansions of voter registration and access, as well as a major rewrite of campaign finance laws.

House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

• poop poop x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well with illegals getting to vote I really do wonder if there’s a need for the wall. At least it certainly reduces reasons by one.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'm for more border security and more resources. I could even see that we may need some more walls than we currently have. I've always said that. I just thought we could spend $5B in a smarter way...and that a contiguous 2,500 mile wall is stupid.

From that link it appears that border crossings haven't risen to the level that they were under W. So, where's the emergency?

21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It was an emergency back then as well but we ignored it just like you are now. It's probably worse now because of the heavier drug flow coming through. If you think 2000+ miles of 21-30' walls won't work you're living in the Land of Oz. Even the 10-12' walls that we have now have worked pretty well.

22. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

My response? The NYT is reporting that Border and Customs is saying it's at a 'Breaking Point'. Notice the quotes?

[Insert preferred insult here for not understanding grammar rules.]

23. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

John Kelly thinks your proposal is a "waste of money".

24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Why would I care what he thinks? The people who work on the border say differently.

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Remind us what authority John Kelly has and what expertise on border issues he has.

26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

He was Secretary of Homeland Security. He also believed in the wall until it was cool to go against Trump.

27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Operative word,"was".

28. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Again, you've nailed it, Joe. The Constitution charges the Executive branch with enforcing the laws of the country. I have one question I'd like to ask Nancy Pelosi - "What is there that you don't understand about the word 'illegal?'"

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

But what are we to do with all the Illegal Bubbas?

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If Trump were allowed a do-over of year one, this would be at the top of the list. But trusting Paul Ryan will, of course, always be #1.

• Agree Agree x 1