Can anyone justify NOT having the Wall?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

If it was Obama, LH and Deez would say he is a trendsetter and show you the pic of EJ "copying him" to prove it.

2. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Was Deez an Obama supporter?

Obama did always look good. His wife, too, most of the time, and I never mentioned it whenever that wasn’t the case.

3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

How about the Republican run Senate and Congress that existed for 2 years? He did nothing.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I was never an Obama supporter or even remotely close to being one. Hard to believe, but my critique of Trump's attire truly has nothing to do with politics. Furthermore, I assume nothing substantive from it. It doesn't reflect on his character, his performance in office, it whether or not I vote for him next year. His outfit looks stupid. That is all. Don't read anything else into that.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Seems likely

7. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

There's a Quinnipiac Poll out that shows Creepy Uncle Joe leading Trump in 2020 projected Presidential race 48-44 IN TEXAS!!!!!

8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Not perhaps a "supporter", but he did like the way he creased his pants.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Oversample of Dems by 10% points

10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I do not think Creepy Joe makes it out of the primary, but if he does, he will definitely be favored to beat Trump. I think an independent like Shultz will play a major role in the election outcome. The real difference will be middle of the road dems, independents and republicans. It will be hard for the independents and republicans to not vote for Trump if the economy is still humming.

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I think Trump destroys Biden, if Biden in the Dem candidate.

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Thanks mc for the stats
    I meant to go in and see the breakdown.

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Forbes article on the number of seniors who are malnourished.
    "If food insecurity is not addressed, the number of seniors facing hunger will soar to eight million by 2050 the Feeding America, a network of 200 food banks, warned in a new study.

Already half of older Americans are malnourished or at risk of being malnourished, the Senate Aging Committee was told at a recent hearing."
    Senior Hunger Surges As Boomers Swell The Ranks Of The Nation's Elderly
    Hey Dems? Is that who we are?

But let's spend billions of our taxpayer money and give free lives to illegals.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

LH
    I admit I have never heard of Politicus USA.
    Would you say they are an unbiased site?

I will look them up when I have time.

16. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Is it possible to listen to the POTUS in his own words, or do I need to find a Bill O'Reilly link with the same video to satisfy your discriminating news diet?

Or just call it fake news and dismiss his remarks altogether. Ok. Cool. Hookem.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Maybe he is right. I do not remember any other politician effectively managing the tariff process. Signs are that Mexico has initiated some action on the border. We have been taken advantage of for many years. At least Trump is doing something about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not saying his approach to Mexico is or isn't right... but isn't this interesting!

Mexico blocks new caravan of Central American migrants

Tuxtla Gutiérrez (Mexico) (AFP) - Authorities blocked a new caravan of Central American migrants Wednesday after they entered Mexico bound for the United States, as the government scrambled to dodge President Donald Trump's threat to impose tariffs over undocumented immigration.

Soldiers and police forced hundreds of migrants in the group -- which was mostly from Honduras -- to a halt in the southern town of Metapa de Dominguez, about 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) from the Mexican-Guatemalan border.

The National Migration Institute (INM) said about 420 migrants had been stopped and taken to a detention center by bus.

But many others may have fled: state police initially estimated the caravan had some 1,200 people.

The incident came as a high-level delegation led by Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard held talks in Washington with US officials in a bid to avoid Trump's threatened tariffs.

Trump is threatening to apply tariffs of five percent on all Mexican exports starting Monday, and rising incrementally to 25 percent by October.

That has triggered panic in Mexico, which sends 80 percent of its exports to the United States.

The talks, which broke off Wednesday without agreement, are due to resume Thursday. Trump tweeted that if no deal is reached then, the tariffs will come into force Monday.

The INM said that where applicable, the detained migrants would be "assisted to return to their countries of origin" -- its term for deportation.

19. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Sometimes the (real) threat of tariffs is all it takes. Yes, Americans feel some pain if we have to enact them, but look at what Mexico is already doing to avoid the pain those tariffs will impose on their side of the equation.

Trump knows he can't just bluster and spout empty threats as Obama and many other past Presidents did. I like that he is willing to negotiate hard, will impose the stick if the carrot isn't enough, and I REALLY like that other world leaders believe that and react accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I don’t even look at the polls anymore. They have been so slanted one way to get the results they want. Does anybody remember the NYT one month before the election had Hillary 92% to Trumps 8% on who would win the election? What a load of crap. Now the Dems even use polls as their arguments over policies instead of arguing facts. Polls are just a way for the MSM to attempt to guide opinions of the American People. Then act shock when their polls are wrong.

21. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Anybody that’s against tariffs are thinking short term only.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I35
    "Then act shock when their polls are wrong."
    Shocked, angry ,bitter, childish mean and willing to put their anger ahead of the good of our country.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Anybody approving of tariffs are thinking short term only.

Long term tariffs will take away your wealth building ability and the next generations. Short term IF THEY CONVINCE MEXICO OR CHINA TO BEHAVE DIFFERENTLY the help the US will better managed immigration and lower barriers for export into China.

The question is, how long should Trump give these tariffs? If too long it will stagnate the economy. If too short Mexico and China will wait out the bluff.

Either way, everything that is made of Aluminum is 25% more expensive. That isn't a small price to pay.

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So we should let things go on as they are?

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Depends on what you want to change and how you want to change it?

Currently, the US is the world's richest nation with very low unemployment. I want to improve on that performance, but you have to be careful or you topple over the apple cart.

Tariffs are a poor way of getting other nations to change because it affects the home country at least as much as the foreign country.

The best thing to do is increase the freedom and at the same time the responsibility of business leaders. Sure, you can add some policies to incentivize adding jobs in the US or protecting workers generally, but you never want to favor one industry over another.

The government does that by: reducing regulation of all types, balance the budget, rework welfare programs, quit bailing out corporations/banks, remove Fed Reserve protection of profligate banks, stop quantitative easing, policy to increase buying power of dollar, used international organizations to punish trade abusers, find a way to work with Mexico and Central America that is a win-win.

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona
    You make some excellent points and suggestions.
    But when have logic and common sense been within 100 miles of gov't?

27. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It does look as though someone doesn't know how tariffs work, but it isn't Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. Trump is wrong. When you are talking about imports into the US, they have the thing that we want. Not the other way around.

29. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

30. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Yeah they want our money without being taxed. They only want our products if they can tax the hell out of us.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019