Can anyone justify NOT having the Wall?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

My apologies then. Total misunderstanding on my part.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

6721 has a serious hard-on to protect the homebuilders for some reason.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Would you guess it was the same way Austin City officials found out your clients were illegal?

4. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

In Arizona when they initially rolled it out they had a huge drop in illegals. then people figured out they weren't really serious about enforcing it so after a few years it went back to normal. A rule does zero good if you have shown a clear intention not to enforce it. It is the same problem they are having in CA with shoplifting. If the DA's are saying they aren't going to prosecute then the wrongdoers have a greenlight to keep doing wrong. they process/system/website isn't broken or hard. the political will is absent. right now the places that have E-Verify are only doing it for show. Just a little enforcement would change this dynamic in a huge way.

5. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I dislike voter fraud but am even more opposed to all the idiots who vote. Work on a campaign some time, preferably for someone you are not enamored of particularly, and note how many idiots are rabid supporters or support the lame candidate for reasons that are nonsensical.
    Some people actually vote for candidates because they actually believe the candidate believes the BS he/she is shoveling. Any presidential candidate of either party in the last 50 years should suffice. The big problem they have now is that with constant coverage nationwide they can't say one thing in one state and completely contradict themselves the next day on the other side of the country. Back in the 50s there were Democrats who were civil rights advocates and segregationists at the same time. And Republicans who were for freer trade and higher tariffs.

6. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

It's almost like our political system is a sham. :smile1::smile1:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

What a brilliant headline - "GOP Governors Cause Havoc by Busing Migrants to East Coast". Like seriously the author can't blame the folks in charge of border security (federal gov), the folks illegally entering the US, or the East Coast for saying they want to be sanctuary cities but apparently lying?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I just heard that the DOD turned down the Mayor of DC's request for National Guard to help with the Illegals Gov. Abbott has been busing out of Texas to DC :thumbup:
    This is the Mayor who said DC welcomed everyone ,no matter legal status. :lol:
    NIMBY Demx city version

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

As a person who has built two houses, I can confirm those contractors know exactly who is legal and who is not. The only thing they care about is if the crew gets deported who will come in to finish the work until the deported crew returns....because they do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I just had to :lmao:
    But it isn't brutal for Biden etc to overwhelm small border town with thousands of illegals. :brickwall:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

No, that's Standard Operating Procedure...

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Biden keeps sending more illegals to NYC and DC :clap:
    And now Az is too:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

McAllen Mayor tells NYC and DC to suck it up
    "You see New York, you see Washington kind of drowning with a few buses," McAllen Mayor Javier Villalobos told Fox News. "We used to get over a thousand-something people a day."

"The city of McAllen was able to deal with thousands of immigrants a day," Villalobos said. "I think they can handle a few hundred."
    "The Lone Star state has transported over 6,800 migrants to Washington, D.C, since April and over 360 migrants to New York City since last week, according to the governor's office. In comparison, the Humanitarian Respite Center in McAllen saw over 1,500 new migrant arrivals for several days in early late July and early August 2021, according to a city report."
    DC, New York can handle migrant buses if border towns survived thousands of migrants daily, Texas mayor says

• Like Like x 3
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This is so great. Mayors of Demx cities whining about being forced to "welcome"illegals to their 'Sanctuary cities "..
    Maybe they can build housing for them near Obama's library.
    The Bee couldn't have made it any funnier.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^:bow:. They declared themselves to be "Sanctuary Cities." Here's their chance to live up to their proclamation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

When was the last time a Democrat meant what he/she/it/they said?

• Winner Winner x 2
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So Betelegeuse calls Texas sending illegals into Sanctuary city Chicago inhumane.
    Has no comment on 106 heat on border

23. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

While I agree getting sent to Chicago is undesirable, what's the inhumane part?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Betelgeuse needs to be told Texas doesn't send illegals to a city like hers unless they say it's fine by them.

Their ignorance of the unbelievably ****** nature of her city isn't our fault.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  26. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

My understanding is exact opposite. The illegal aliens are asked if they want to go to Chicago. If they say "yes", they are then transported there for free. They are not transported against their will. Chicago has more resources than border towns so this allows more Americans to help. Chicago is also a sanctuary city so it's a chance for Chicago to put its money where its mouth is.

Then this from the article "in the wake of the Democratic mayor of El Paso, Texas, busing migrants with money provided by the Biden administration"

Is Lightfoot blaming Democrats too or just Abbott?

28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I saw a headline that suggested DMN editorial
    supported Abbot’s plan.

30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mc
    Wow. That would be a huge departure from DMN's usual positions
    . if so good for them for facing reality.

• Agree Agree x 2