Can anyone justify NOT having the Wall?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sangre
    They are bussed to a strange area, don't speak English, have no transportation. There wasn't the fed paid support systems set in like in Chicago
    I thought asking how they are getting around and paying for things was a reasonable thing to ask

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This made me laugh. Illegals showing up at Kamala's with pillows
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hmmm, I'm getting a new roof next week.

:yippee:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'm not disputing that. I was just trying to answer some rather inane, and hopefully rhetorical questions posed.

7. Sangre Naranjada

Why would they need the feds to pay for them?

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

SN
    Lol indeed. Why is the Fed( us ) paying for all the illegals?
    But we sure are.

9. Sangre Naranjada

One party is buying votes.

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

You asked why they would need the feds to pay for them
    I hope I missed the sarc

11. Sangre Naranjada

Nope. No sarcasm. Most (not all) of the people want to work and send money home. So they do. Most of the people don't NEED the Fed to give them handouts. They will take them, to be sure. But they don't NEED them.

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

My original question specifically was about this group getting rebussed from Chicago to a strange town. Who housed and fed them? Who paid for it? Who paid for the clothes and bags of stuff they had? Who paid for their phones. etc etc
    You say most don't "need it" But who pays for their living and up keep until they find housing and a job? Who is paying for all the shelters food clothes meds and equipment like play grounds etc, Schooling and supplies when they get here? Who paid for Obama's cages?
    It is not like it is just a few able bodied men sneaking in and immediately getting jobs.
    It is hundreds of millions that WE are footing the bill for those who don't need it"

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Don’t worry - they have a lifetime to pay it back in taxes. Remember government spending is an investment.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Did we finally get the answer? Kamala can justify not having the wall so the illegals can come to her house!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

FB_IMG_1663336676782.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

saw that as much as 13.1% of Texas students are illegal immigrants. We have roughly 5.4MM students in TX. 13% of that is 710K. regular funding is around $10,500 per student. ESL runs about $1K more (i would suggest it is an even higher burden than that) that means that we are spending about (710K x $11,500) extra each year to educate illegal immigrants. That is roughly $8 Billion in funding that has to come from somewhere. that somewhere is us. This doesn't even count the kids that are now citizens because their illegal immigrant parents had them after they got here. Those kids may have some English but they are still a new student that wouldn't been in the system had it not been for illegal immigration. This is just the education burden. I would bet the healthcare burden has an even bigger bill.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Imagine what it does to wages of low skilled workers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

But Texas is racist and inhumane to send a few illegals to so called Sanctuary cities.
    Which turn out to NOT be sanctuaries after all

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. BrntOrngStmpeDe

Really glad about the bussing that Abbott, DeSantis, et al. are doing. It puts the issue back on the radar for everyone across the country. The Dems can't complain about it and grandstand without talking about it. The more they talk about it, the more EVERYONE can see the problem.

"mas Vinedos de Martha"

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So some long time Martha Vineyard residents are calling for the Obama's to open their HUGE estate to house the illegals.:lmao:

This is a 42 year resident
    "I would love to see the Obamas open up their huge property and erect tents and look after all these people while they’rhttps://nypost.com/2022/09/16/marthas-vineyard-local-obamas-should-house-migrants/e being processed,” Chittick said
    Despite calls to keep the migrants on the island, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker and the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency started moving them from the island to a military base on Cape Cod that houses an emergency shelter, putting them out of sight of the island’s deep-pocketed and well-connected inhabitants, who include former Secretary of State John Kerry, comedians Amy Schumer and Seth Myers, director Spike Lee and ex-Obama aide Valerie Jarrett."
    Martha's Vineyard local: Obamas should house migrants
    Ken Burns likened it to Jews being sent to concentration camps.

These jerks know how hypocritical they sound but don't care.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. BrntOrngStmpeDe

if the GOP were smart, they would get some witty comedian to do a 60 second clip of some Martha's Vineyard "thurston howell" wannabe showing off the "inhumane" conditions on MV island.

" See look here...just last week we ran out of the '59 Dom Perignon. How can a migrant be expected to live under these conditions?"

• Funny Funny x 3
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Looks like Texas will keep sending illegals out of here. Ya know to not deprive the elites in the east of Diversity.
    Texas will ‘keep those buses coming’ until Biden admin ‘wakes up’: Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick
    "I'm serious about this. The legislators are serious about this. The people of Texas are serious about it. The other thing I'd want to do, we're spending, by the way, to put this in perspective to all these whiny babies up in these blue states, 'Oh, this is such a crisis.' We normally spend $400 million a year on border security. We're spending over $4 billion of Texas taxpayer money, money we could spend on health care, on education, on more roads, whatever it might be, $4 billion a year. We have our National Guard there on the border. This is a financial burden on us. But most importantly, it's an invasion of our state. "

I guess Abbott and Patrick didn't get the message that the Illegals don't need the aid

• Hot Hot x 1
  23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Border security = direct aid to migrants?

Your reading comprehension suffers when you try to snark.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I didn't realize some don't know how to go to a link but need the entire article posted here. OK. here

"With Texas continuing to send migrant buses to sanctuary cities and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis facing political backlash for sending two planes to Martha's Vineyard, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick claimed the state will "keep those buses coming," and teased legislation that would ease the crisis' "financial burden" and "invasion of our state," on "Fox & Friends Weekend" Saturday.
    I've always asked this question and on this show before, exactly what is Biden's answer when we say, where do these people go? Where do they actually go? How do they live? Do they move in with somebody? We can't put a 15-year-old in the fourth grade if they're two or three grade levels behind. Where do they get their health care services or emergency rooms? What do they do for working? They don't have a legal permit. So they've been dumping people in America for a long time, a long time. And now Texas is saying, we're fighting back. We're going to send them to your neighborhood and we're going to keep those buses coming until finally this administration wakes up. And, we'll pass legislation next session that will hopefully get us to the Supreme Court, where this Supreme Court can rule that Texas and everyone else has a right to protect their citizens, and then we can do it."

Gee I wonder if paying for housing for illegals,food etc and Medical care could be considered "Direct Aid"?

26. Sangre Naranjada

He is asking rhetorical questions. He isn't quoting welfare costs to illegals in that bolded text.

I'm not saying there are no costs involved. I am saying you are probably overreacting by acting all pissed off at the illegals in question. I suggest we can find common ground if you direct your ire at the government and their insane policies more than the people who are taking advantage of them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Pointing out how much of our taxpayer dollars is being used because Biden et al has an open door policy IS directed directly at the Fed gov't.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  29. BrntOrngStmpeDe

It may not be direct aid, or even aid to illegal immigrants but it certainly a cost to taxpayers. And it is a cost that has been lied about for a very, very long time. There are HUGE costs associated with both letting illegal immigrants in and simultaneously building walls, national guard, etc to keep the flow down.

The solution was what the Trump Admin did. REMAIN IN MEXICO had taken this problem back down to manageable numbers.

If we coupled Remain In Mexico with real E-Verify enforcement, this issue would almost disappear.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It turns out just one of the towns on Martha's Vineyard,Edgartown, has enough surplus Cash to house all the illegals in hotels for a Year.
    So far neither Obama who has plenty of acreage to house many illegals nor any other tony resident had offered to help.