Can anyone on West Mall be swayed?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by chango, Apr 6, 2012.

1. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Is there any poster who can read something here and think "yeah, that makes sense ... I'll change my opinion on that topic". Or is this board just a political trash talk board - similar to a Texas/ou or Texas/aggy football board would be?

2. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

3. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

My opinion on President Obama has changed multiple times, I am currently at disbelief that anybody would have the common sense to vote for him not once but possibly twice!!!! [​IMG]

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

chango
    good thought provoking question
    and since you brought it up I will ask you first.
    have you read anyone's posts, especially if they contained verifiable facts , and thought, wow i did not know that. that changes my opinion?

5. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'd ask you the same question. You still haven't answered for that hate-filled bigotted post about Christians who don't agree with you politically, so I'm guessing you can't change?

7. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

8. majorwhiteapples

[​IMG]

I second that and will add that government corruption should be prosecuted to the max and I am talking life sentences. Stealing from taxpayers should be equivalent to murder.

9. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

10. majorwhiteapples

Stealing from tax payers should be equal to Treason.

11. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

I'm with MSDW24

12. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

I can't stay open minded too much. It'll get all sun burnt in the summer.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

14. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

15. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

16. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

17. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

barry, jimmy and dick - by far the worst (in order)

18. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

satchel has swayed me.

19. chiwanna

chiwanna 100+ Posts

20. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

I fear for the future of my country. Satchel's posts sway me from fear for the future to general hopelessness for our future.

21. DFWAg

DFWAg 1,000+ Posts

Political beliefs tend to be cemented slowly over time through hard knocks and experience. I for one would hope people would not blow like the wind on important topics.

22. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

I'm open for swayment.

But it has to be backed by reason and intelligence.

Sorry, but if you thought Sarah Palin was a good choice for VP then you were using neither reason nor intelligence. Same if you try to sway me to creationism.

23. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Sorry, but if you thought Barack Obama was a good choice for POTUS, then you were using neither reason nor intelligence. Same if you try to sway me to the need for government paid abortions.

24. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

A rather ham-handed response.

BO was a valid choice for Pres. Simple Sarah was not a valid choice for VP. If you can't see that then you are not open to swayment. You're just one of many who are causing problems for the GOP.

Govt paid abortions? Why is that a bad idea? Try to use data and policy measures, as opposed to blindly mouthing right-wing Christian talking points, in your explanation.

The GOP as a part is a shambles. From the looks of it (as in Sanctorum's popularity) it's not going to get back on track anytime soon. That's too bad.

25. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

BHO had no experience running ANYTHING!

Perham, if you can't see that then you are not open to swayment. You're just one of many who are causing problems for the Dems.

Save me the self righteousness.

26. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Why am I causing problems for the Dems?

I'm not anti-GOP. I'm anti-stupid. Which in effect has made me anti-GOP for quite a while now.

27. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

28. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

29. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

I'm no mathematician but this does not add up.

Not to flame, but based on the other thread I'm not suprised that you cannot do the math.

First, I didn't say BO was a good President. I didn't even say he was a good choice for President. I said he was a valid choice. Now, let's be sure that you entirely understand that.

A. Valid. Choice.

Senator, law professor, HLS, etc. Yes, that, whether you can do the arithmetic or not, adds up to a valid choice.

Now, make your case why BO was not a valid choice.

30. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts