Can anyone justify NOT having the Wall?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

More of this and the immigrants will self-deport.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

In this so called "Sanctuary City" nonsense ... the Travis County Sheriff wailed on about losing "intel" from the "undocumented person" community on crimes.

Seems that if losing that intel posed a significant "encumbrance" to the SO's doing its job ... perhaps that validates this stat and POSSIBLY should be considered validation for the claim that illegal immigration is increasing criminal activity in ALL of our counties/State(s) and therefore we should have laws prohibiting this activity ...

oh wait!

6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm no fan of protecting the business community if they violate our immigration/labor laws. Nail 'em. No problem here.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"TORONTO – U.S. officials say a Somali man accused of attacking a Canadian policeman with a car and knife entered the United States from Mexico on foot in 2011 before a judge ordered his deportation.

Customs and Border Protection spokeswoman Jackie Wasiluk said Wednesday that Hasan Sharif Abdulahi arrived at a port of entry near San Diego on July 12, 2011, with no documents and no legal status to enter.

Sharif was taken into custody and ordered deported to Somalia. But he was released two months later and then failed to report for removal. He entered Canada legally in 2012 and obtained refugee status.

Sharif is accused of ramming a car into the Alberta policeman, stabbing him and then leading officers on a high-speed chase in which four bystanders were hurt."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/04/suspect-in-canada-attack-entered-us-from-mexico-in-2011.html

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Another fine product of the California catch and release program...

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One of the prototypes

[​IMG]

10. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

today was the deadline for 40,000 DACA recipients. Hopefully DT doesn't waffle on this down the road.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I don't think the employers are violating immigration laws. That would be the illegal immigrants. What doesn't make sense is the government providing services (medical, unemployment benefits, constitutional protections, etc.) to those that have violated our laws in order to make it here.

14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You don't think a business that knowingly hires an illegal alien is not violating the law? That's what I was referring to...

15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That is different than violating immigration laws.

16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If ANY of the verification requirements exist and are codified in laws dealing with illegal aliens, then yes, they WOULD indeed be violating 'immigration laws.' If they accept falsified paperwork that is then used to satisfy certain reporting requirements, then, yes, they WOULD indeed be complicit in the violation of 'immigration laws.'

17. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I think we have a disagreement over employment practices vs. immigration laws, but no disagreement that both areas are regulated by laws that should be followed.

18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Fair enough.

I was looking at the root cause; the law effects more than one area.

19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/penalties

Given the specific sections of law, it would indeed seem to be something that is a violation if IMMIGRATION law...in addition to other areas of employment-specific law.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Wall is to protect us from our own politicians

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  21. Seattle Husker

Yet the data shows that the Obama admin deported more people than any other previous administration which you've also pointed out to support Trump's deportation policies.

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I've read that too but where were all the protests?

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There was a protest vote, last Nov

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Nice....

I do know that nationally syndicated writer Ruben Navarrette ripped Obama for his election year executive orders. He accused him of pandering and not really caring.

http://archive.vcstar.com/opinion/c...8-61fa-5620-e053-0100007fd4f9-385264411.html/

"He is a master of convincing everyone — law-and-order conservatives, Latinos who want more immigration, working-class whites who want less, etc. — that he's on their side. We've never had a president who was this good at cynically manipulating the immigration issue to pretend to be something he's not."

"Obama should be remembered as the president who first wooed over skeptical Latino voters in 2008 with promises that he would make immigration reform a top priority — only to bury it at the bottom of his agenda for four years.

He's the president who criticized his predecessor for raids in which "nursing mothers are torn from their babies" but then went on to separate record numbers of families through deportation and detain women and children from Central America indefinitely.

He's the president who spent three years arguing with supporters that he didn't have the executive power to stop deportations only to reverse course in election years and miraculously find the power he said he didn't have.

He's the president whose executive actions to limit deportations were so badly crafted and so likely to be struck down by the courts that we have to wonder whether that was the idea all along.

He's the president who ramped up the deportation apparatus and gave Immigration and Customs Enforcement so much power that future presidents will find it difficult to rein in the agency. Record numbers of deportations could well become the new normal.

Finally, Obama is the president who shamelessly never missed an opportunity to use immigration to achieve his own political goals. He now leaves office with the appearance that he tried to find a solution — when the hard truth is he was a big part of the problem. As legacies go, that's a terrible one."

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  26. Seattle Husker

The lack of protests were likely driven by the fact that DHS didn't publicize it. At least, Obama didn't tweet about it. Had either of those happened you most assuredly would have seen protests.

27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

But Ruben Navarrette knew about it and he didn't need tweets to be tipped off. You would have thought the community would have risen up ORGANICALLY (true grass-roots) and not POLITICALLY (organized) but it didn't happen. I know some DACA impacted people here in Austin (I frequent a couple of restaurants multiple times a week and know everyone that works there) and they weren't worked up under Obama. Then suddenly they were.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I thought it was interesting he could get through that piece without mentioning how Obama encouraged every parent between Brownsville and Bogota to send their children alone and without adult supervision on the perilous journey to criminally enter the US

29. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Not to mention, I never hear the left or anyone else calling out the country in question. Why the hell are we the bad guys? What has Mexico done to make itself a desirable place for its own citizens?

30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Hmm...sho nuff. I bow to your greatness!