Can Benghazi now be put to rest?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn69, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

After 2 years of wasted time and $ by the House R's it would seem they might want to tuck their tails and go home.The Link

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

2. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

The special House committee has yet to hold hearings, so I wouldn't jump for joy too soon. The committee has met with the families of the 4 victims. The Republicans are almost ready to announce their staff, and the Democrats are expected to announce theirs soon. Hearings will begin in September. The committee is seen as a true fact-finding committee rather than a partisan one. Apparently this has led to more people who are willing to testify and have not done so before.

3. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

This committee was led by Republicans - 12 to 9 Democrats. Can't get more bipartisan than that.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

4. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

5. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

In a word "No." Some conservatives on this board have compared Benghazi to Watergate. It's a ridiculous comparison, except that it rings true to some of the most ridiculously partisan. Those folks who circulated and recirculated emails about Obama being born in Kenya until it became clear that Ted Cruz had a more tenuous legal right to be president won't let go of Benghazi without a lot more posturing.

6. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Pot, meet Kettle. If this was Bush, you fools would be crying for war crimes.

Who knows how this turns out. Where there is smoke, there is typically fire. I know, "what difference does it make?"

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

H69
    From you, "This committee was led by Republicans - 12 to 9 Democrats. Can't get more bipartisan than that."

Really??? Was that supposed to be sarcastic?
    Do you know how committees in Congress ( both House and Senate) are constructed?

What do you think the party mix is on a Senate committee?

8. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

10. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I am more interested in their findings on misuse of the IRS to target political opponents. Wonder when Obama will reprimand Lerner for taking the 5th.

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

12. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

C'mon, the most transparent Administration ever would never mislead the American public on what happened in Bengazi. The Link

Nothing to see here, move along.

Why did Ambassador Rice say what she did, when she did, when the truth was known and not mentioned till much later?

The Link

Should we ask Candi Crawley? The Link

The buck stops with transparency?

The Link

Start at 4:50 of this one:The Link

Brokaw on the topic: The Link

Fmr Amb Stevens' 2nd in command: The Link

13. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

so we can conclude that there was no intentional wrongdoing just gross incompetence. no surprise there. this entire administration has been nothing but incompetent failure from the moment they made of the seal for office of the president elect.

14. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I would agree with that. Benghazi appears mostly to be just complete incompetence on the part of the administration and especially Hillary. The worst part is that there has been virtually no attempt to find and punish the responsible parties. It was such an embarassment to Obama that he just wanted it to disappear.

15. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

16. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

6721, do you not understand??? The House is led by R's. And they conclude from their investigations there is NO problem from the President and his admin on this. Comprende?

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

17. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

it is amazing that like trained seals, the Faux News group on this forum just keeps regurgitating the talking points for the last two years even though they have all been discredited

Goebbels and PT Barnum would be so proud

18. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

dude, is Brokaw a fox news guy? is the 2nd in command at the embassy that was attacked a fox news guy?

19. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

a Republican led committee has refuted all of this nonsense

you do realize this, right?

20. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

wtf? I don't believe you believe the administration was truthful with the public following the attacks.

21. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

22. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Paso,
    You are being intentionally obtuse about this. Go listen to the links I posted from the time when the sad event took place. If the intelligence was conflicting that is fine but even NBC/MSNBC with Brokaw et al were questioning why the initial reporting from the Executive Branch was misleading at best. "Most transparent" is typically not seen as misleading.

You are trying to equate breaking the law, something the committee was dealing with, with being trustworthy. What Amb Rice said on the Sunday shows, as a representative of the Executive Branch, was not what transpired. Whether she broke the law is immaterial in my point of view. So stop conflating the Republican report into some kind of global panacea. The facts in this 24/7 world could have been easily corrected in minutes or hours instead of weeks. We all understand why the news was massaged since it was in the election cycle timeframe. Even Candy understood what she had to do.

23. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

The only person being dense and obtuse here is you.

Benghazi is a non-scandal and always was.

Have you read the House report? Do you understand it?

24. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

I watched the tapes of what Amb Rice spoke. I saw the debate when Candy Crawley and President Obama debated Romney on the topic. I perused the link from the OP. You saw the part of the report I pulled out in the post up earlier.

Do you feel what Amb Rice, and the Administration, reported during the hours and days following the events of 9-11-12 represented the conflicting nature of the intelligence? Or were they , as I believe, strongly emphasizing the controversial tape and protest while not mentioning the organized terroristic attack? It doesn't rise to lawbreaking but it is unseemly. I expect better than unseemly.

aside: I'll be out all day without computer access so won't be able to respond further probably today.

25. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

btw, these posts are a fair assessment as well from above:

26. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

Faux News echo chamber

it is hard to see anyone actually thinking

your own Congress refutes the talking points and you just keep on trucking

you guys are delusional

27. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

28. Vol Horn 4 Life

That's what they all say when they have their heads buried in the sand and just want the issue to go away. The other is TP'er or some other clever remarks....or so they think.

29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You left off "Bircher."

30. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts