Can someone explain...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horns2005, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Horns2005

Horns2005 250+ Posts

..why we ran the ball on first and second down from the 6 yard line down by two scores with less than 4 minutes left and waiting until 3rd down to attempt a pass after wasting time off the clock and a crucial timeout to boot?

..why as soon as we had a 9-pt lead we decided to bust out the RB pass and continued to be pass happy until promptly stalling a drive with a 48-yd missed FG and an unfortunate interception?

When people defend Greg Davis by throwing the defense under the bus, this exactly the kind of stress the offense, specifically the playcalling, puts on the defense that I point to. Both of these seem like very simple math to me. Have a lead - run the clock, down by two scores, don't waste the clock. Is there something I'm missing?

2. Longhorn338

Longhorn338 25+ Posts

I think it is unexplainable, that is the problem!!!! [​IMG]

3. F1Longhorn

F1Longhorn 250+ Posts

That's usually how I do it in the video game, don't see why Greg can't do the same thing on the real field.

4. banksypete

banksypete 100+ Posts

I am Greg Davis.

5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

6. Dogbert

Dogbert 500+ Posts

Greg Davis hates all of you?

7. longtex

longtex Guest

8. jdelatorre

jdelatorre 500+ Posts

No.
    No one can.

9. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

10. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

It was hoping beyond hope that Baylor would never imagine in their wildest dreams that we would run the ball on first and second down from the 6 yard line down by two scores with less than 4 minutes left.

11. WabashCannon

WabashCannon 250+ Posts

I can't believe no one on this thread has got the answer correct.

We were obviously looking ahead to future games and didn't want to open up our playbook and reveal too much to future opponents. Greg is playing this one close to the vest and I say Bravo! We want to surprise FAU!

12. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

How many times do you need to be told...we are working on our running game.

13. utstudboy

utstudboy 250+ Posts

To quote Scipio......."We’re entering Game 9 of the season and there isn’t a single thing that this offense does well. Or even passably...."

14. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

Because Greg had read all the postings on here about how predictable his play calling is, and he was just trying to prove them wrong.