Can we just get rid of Baylor now?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornDave, Sep 19, 2017.

1. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

They are dead like SMU three decades ago. Will only get worse from what I see on and off the field. Frankly, 9 teams are better that ten as long as the BIG 12 doesn't care that the numbers don't "match".

• Like Like x 1
  2. beaVo

beaVo 500+ Posts

yes. we can. do it.

3. LonghornDave

Can we do it without having to endure the long spiral of denial and the ultimate Shite storm and death?

4. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Come on man, after the last few years, don't you want them around to kick the **** out of for a few years?

• Like Like x 7
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Baylor can stay, it's their Board of Regents and administration that need to be banned.

Again, not a recommendation, but rather a demand:

Chairman - Daniel Vestal

President - Robert O'Brien

#3 - Joel Gregory

Anything short of that Lone Star Conference

• Like Like x 1
  6. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I don't want Baylor gone. The way our players are dropping like flies, we need a bye week on the schedule.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

And then kick them out? Ok that works.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LonghornDave

To the extent that strength of schedule matters (should we ever be in the mix) BU will be real problem for decades. BU lost to UTSA (and an online bible college) with left over good players. Think what will happen when they cannot get players or coaches to believe in the Baylor myth?

BU will not be able to get a single really horrible non P5 on their schedule because the SEC has them all locked up for years to come. BU may have to sponsor a football team at Houston Baptist to have someone to beat for a while.

• Like Like x 2
  10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Feel bad for the coach but he knew what he was walking into but you never want to be the guy who replaced the guy. He is Baylors version of Charlie strong

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Well, you have a point...at least until the Little Sisters of the Blind and Quadriplegic have a date open on their schedule. At least THAT game gives the third-string a challenge...

12. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I hope Baylor likes cake :p

This Baylor thing is a big deal to me and the way this story ends is going to have a large impact on my future support for and interest in college football. What Baylor did was wrong, immoral, illegal, and a monumental hypocrisy. If these guys get away with harboring rapists and hiding the grime from the light in the name of wins and the almighty dollar, I'm out. I don't think I'm going to have it in me to respect or support the institution of college football any longer.

Yes, I realize unethical coaches and criminal players have been getting away with stuff for a long time... longer than I've been around, I'm sure. Something about this being a private Baptist university makes this different to me... fair or not... I held them to a much higher standard. I think a lot of us did.

In the meantime, Baylor is 0-3 after what was supposed to be the 'tune up' portion of their schedule and seems to have quickly returned to their natural, historical, state as a program. I want to give my full support for keeping them in the Big 12 until a ruling has been handed down in all this. Baylor does deserve that. Also, until that day comes, the teams in this conference deserve as many opportunities as possible to kick the holy dog **** out of these guys.
    :hookem:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

What I hate about the Baylor thing is that all the most guilty parties will walk away scott free.

Everything you say is true, El Sapo, but I hope the individuals involved will get theirs. But they won't.

Who does suffer:
    - The victims who won't see any justice.
    - The good kids who committed to play at Baylor before they knew what they were signing up for. They only get 4 or 5 years to make the most of their football career.
    - The fans in the cheap seats who just want to see their football program succeed. Although I do think they are by and large classless and in denial, they don't have any influence and were powerless to do anything about it anyway. I try to imagine what it would be like if we had something like this happen at UT. Nightmare.
    - The rest of the conference who has to have their SOS suffer by having to carry Baylor as an albatross program.

Meanwhile, Ken Starr, Art Briles, Kendall Briles and the rest of the staff who had a hand in it, Baylor PD, Waco PD, the people who were supposed to oversee Title 9 compliance, anyone else who helped the cover-up, the players who got away with it, the players who got off with a slap on the wrist. They all get to move on with their lives. Some of them get token punishment, but they will get 2nd chances. While the program they left behind is in ruins.

• Like Like x 6
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Not sure I agree...some at Texas actually thought Strong was the correct choice. Whatshisname at bailor is a stop-gap, not unlike the guy at Marshall the year that they brought the program back following the plane crash. There ARE no real expectations that existed for him.

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't feel sorry for Rhule with his SEVEN year contract at $4+ million a year. Yes, he is a fish out of water and will never be successful, but he can buy his on sea with that cash.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Oh jeez

17. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

omg what's wrong with these guys? even people who think that know not to say it out loud!

i feel worser and worser for SMU.

look at this tripe. i honestly don't know the baylor leaders' faiths (not their denominations. we know that.), but baylor university is not the United States of America. It's not the church of Jesus, God's temple on earth. burn it down if you can't protect victims. your university is not worth one woman's dignity. and you know how i know it? because a real person of faith and dignity would sacrifice their university to protect the rights of these victims.

• Like Like x 5
  18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

One would think that somewhere on that campus someone is trained in crisis management and communication. They are supposed deconflicting the situation. Instead they are digging their hole deeper.

19. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

OK, after reading that, I'll rescind my comment about keeping them around to kick the **** out of them. That University - not just the football program - should become a pariah not just to sports but to society in general. Please wipe them off the face of the earth

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Hypocrisy is much too kind a word for these ignorant and repulsive frauds.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

As I have said multiple times on many threads, the entire board of regents and the administration (with the exception of Joel Gregory) should be sent packing. There have been those who sought to speak out and soon found themselves shipped out.

Far too many Baylor supporters and Baptists refuse to investigate their school, rather choosing to "believe it is so" because Baylor says so, yet the drug abuse has been excessive for over 25 years.

• Like Like x 2
  22. LonghornDave

I just don't see any reason the Big 12 should associate with BU and lots of reasons not to associate. There are other alternatives.

23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Alternatives are very limited, particularly with the extension of Bowelsby's contract:

Nebraska
    Missouri
    Colorado
    Arkansas

No other school brings anything to the table, and argument can be made that neither do any of these.

24. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

WTF!:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

I'd like to kick their *** on the field a a couple more times before throwing them out. Is that weird?

• Like Like x 1
  26. LonghornDave

No but at some point beating Baylor will mean absolutely nothing to anyone even Texas. The latest statements by Baylor's former President continue to paint them as a broken corrupt program. we simply should not associate w Baylor.

• Like Like x 2
  27. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Baylor puts a smile on my face.:thumbup::popcorn:

28. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

With the NCAA seemingly moving towards super conferences, it's probably doubtful that any of these teams would have an interest in rejoining the B12.

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thank you, that was my point - there is NO ONE out there worth having.

The Big XII had an outstanding opportunity to become THE super conference; yes, better than the SEC. With ZERO leadership in Las Colinas, little Chuckie NeinASS humped the puppy and blew the expansion that would have made the Big XII golden. So, point the finger at that worthless, self dealing piece of **** for not having two National Championship winners added.

30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias