Capital City Subs??? WTF?

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by Gardner Barnes, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Gardner Barnes

Gardner Barnes 250+ Posts

My local Delaware Subs has changed to something called Capital City Subs. The place ******* BLOWSSSS.

The bread does not even compare and they offer some B-team peppers. The chopped hot peppers are completely gone in favor of jalapenos.

very VERY disappointed.

Anyone know what happened?

2. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

The one in Round Rock switched to some random *** name as well. Cali Jane's or some ****?

This does not sit well with me at all.

3. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

Somewhere, Jerry Sisemore is pissed!

[​IMG]

4. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

The two nearest me are now Tucci's South Side Subs.

5. jbentley0813

jbentley0813 100+ Posts

That's weird. I just heard one of those goofy ads with Jerry & Ed Clements on the radio last week. According to their website, they only have three locations left.

6. ElHombre

ElHombre < 25 Posts

Their site only lists 3 Austin locations now.

7. dallas_the_tiger

dallas_the_tiger 100+ Posts

I'm a big Delaware subs fan. The one in my hood burned a couple months ago. I was driving down BeeCaves and saw another Delaware sub shop so I went in and had lunch. I asked the guy behind the counter if he knew when the Mesa/Spicewood Springs location would be up and going.. He was pretty pissed off at the owners becauset the reopening was taking so long. He went on to say that there are a few locations that are owned by the actual owners of Delaware subs. The rest are franchised.

Maybe the ones that have switched names are no longer under the franchise agreement. [​IMG]

Either way the cheesesteak and Italian sausage subs are the shizzle. [​IMG]

8. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

I didn't realize the one at Mesa/Spicewood had burned?

I was in there last Friday and it was just the same and delicious as always. Yesterday, driving down Anderson Mill Road, I confirmed that one is still there, too. At least, the sign on the front marquee is.

I wonder if it's something like when "Rockin Tomato" split from Double Dave's? That was a franchising deal as well if I recall.

9. fluff

fluff 25+ Posts

This is a freakin joke....I was just eating at the one in Oak Hill two weeks ago and forgot how good it was...I am assuming it has changed as well? I guess Thundercloud will have to do as I think Which Which is crap. If anybody has any other good sandwich shop suggestions, I would love to hear them. Went to Jersey Mikes the other day and just thought it was ok...

10. Jellydonuts

Jellydonuts 250+ Posts

The one nearest campus is now closed? You are sh*tting me. I was going to go tonight. [​IMG]

11. jbentley0813

jbentley0813 100+ Posts

12. fluff

fluff 25+ Posts

So I decided to try one of the Delaware's that changed (William Cannon and I-35) it is now South Side Subs.....It flat out SUCKS!!!, I cant see any of these making it very long......If anybody has any real insight as to what really happened I would love to hear it...