Carling Cup....Spurs, Spurs in general....

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by LondonOllie, Dec 19, 2007.

1. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

Gooners beat Blackburn 3-2 in overtime.

Spurs played Man City up in Manchester and by god, Ramos the new Spurs manager is doing something right. Jermain Defoe scored a goal in the first few minutes for Spurs, and then very early in the first half we had Zokora (wrongly) sent off. Spurs, down to 10 men, decimated defense, but not only did they hold on for the win, but actually scored another goal (Malbraque) and won the game 2.-0. City have up to this point an unbeaten record at home, so we did very very well. I though we would lose this one.

Last Saturday we went to Pompey and beat them at their gaff, so another good result.

Ramos record so far since he has been in charge is:

Played: 11
    Won: 7
    Draws: 3
    Loss: 1

He is doing something right. Our positioning is much better. Even though last night we were down to 10 men for much of the game, we somehow still had over 60% possession. Our young centre back Kaboul, is actually starting to defend, and not make suicidal runs forward leaving the back line horribly exposed. Robinson actually saved something. Berbatov looks in the last few games like he is wanting to play for us and has showed some passion.

I think the scum will beat us this weekend. It's an away game and they are on form. However, We are slowly climbing up the table, and I honestly feel we may finally have a manager that can do something.

2. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

United is supposedly moving hard again for Berbatov in the January window but we will see what happens.

3. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

Untd seem to be proving they don't need an out and out striker

4. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

United can f**k right off.

Saha's contract ends this summer, he is not worth shite.

5. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

No. Saha's contract runs through the end of the 2009-2010 season.

Brown's is up at the end of this season.

Obviously, any deal involving Brown would be contingent on Spurs successfully negotiating a contract with Brown.

Ramos allegedly wants to do a Nani for Berbatov swap but Fergie refuses to include Nani in the deal.

Fergie evidently wants to send Brown, Saha and 6 million quid to Spurs in exchange for Berbatov. Berbatov wants the move and if United increase the cash component, I would not be surprised to see it get done.

6. Phil Hellmuth

Phil Hellmuth 100+ Posts

the only game they lost was due to the goal of the season.

the first one

7. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

. . . and was Berbatov's fault

I think Muntari's second against Villa was the goal of the season

8. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Muntari's was good, particularly the move to get the shot off, but Larsson's was just disgusting, on par with Stevie's cracker against Villa.

9. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

Ugh. A proper Spurs thread turns into a Manure jerkoff session.

10. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Back on-topic, Spurs draw Arsenal for the 2-legged semi's. Three North London clashes in the coming weeks. Should be fun.

11. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

We played them last year in the Carling semi's I believe too.

I personally don't like seeing rivals match up in cups because I feel like it cheapens their EPL ties.

12. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

I dont care i Berbatov goes but not for the deal proposed above.

I want him yo go for straight cash Homie and I want to buy a better center midfield

13. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

14. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

We are starting to see Mr Ramos impose his methods on the team. We look much fitter, and our mental concerntration seems to have got better too.

We just signed a young fullback from Cardiff (another Welsh youngster) and I suspect there might be some buys in Jan. If not, definitely in the summer.

I do not think this season is over just yet. In theory we could still get into Europe via the league for next yr.

No surprises against Fulham, a team I actually want to like.

COYS

15. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

Anyone else stunned Ledly made it back?

Did you get to watch? how did he look?

16. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

I only saw highlights.

For the most part Ledders looked pretty good. Possibly a 'little' rusty, but there was one tackle he made in the penalty area to stop a cross coming in from the right hand side of the box.
    It was a perfectly timed sliding tackle to take the ball away from the forward, and knock the ball out of play. Perfect and did not touch the player.

Again, he is is injury prone, I still think Ramos needs to bring in some more experience at the back because I am not confident that Ledders will stay injury free.