Carville really laying into Obama Richardson

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by naijahorn, Mar 24, 2008.

1. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

I guess some of the concerns about him being a regular on CNN might have been on target.

2. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

more detail, please? i don't have a TV here at work.

3. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

Stands by his comments that Richardson is a "Judas" to the Clintons.

Gave supporting arguments for why Michigan & Florida delegates need to be seated or re-voted; calling Obama's campaign cowardly in the process for how they handled it.

4. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I think the possibility of there being some serious and potentially lasting structural damage to the D Party after this primary is very real.

I'll admit, the above represents some wishful thinking on my part. Sniping from side-to-side always happens. However, this has gone on time and the size and the statue of the constituencies on both sides makes me wonder if this will have a lasting effect.

5. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

Carville has been a Clinton loyalist for two decades. No one should be surprised at his emotional overreaction to Richardson. It is that side of the Clinton gang that makes it look like nothing more than the political version of the Cosa Nostra. Surely Carville has some sense of shame and dignity somewhere in there.

Baldy needs to suck it up, Cajun style.

6. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

Donna Brazile seems fed up with the whole thing. I think she can see the damage all of this can cause to her party.

7. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

.. and the tool Republican just flat out implies that Obama is the choice because he is Black.

somethings never change.

I think Donna Brazile wants to punch his lights out. Awesome.

8. Super

Super 500+ Posts

The dragon in its death throes.

He can go **** in his hat.

9. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

Pretty obvious this dude was told to mention 'Jeremiah Wright' as often as possible. He isn't even making sense, but he just keeps repeating the name.

10. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

Carville is a loon

11. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

Carville is a wizard. He is just loyal to a losing campaign this go around.

12. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Did someone call for Wizard?

I like James C and think he is a master.

He destroyed George HW Bush and they made a movie about it.

Richardson is a Judas and Obama Inc. are being weak in regards to FL & MI.

Remember, Obamamania is due to his charisma, not his staff, but their arrogance precludes them from seeing this.

Perhaps Hillary(the dragon) is done, but Obama will not be the next President.

A loud popularity blaring over blogs and message boards does not translate into middle-America votes in Nov.

It just does not happen, the numbers do not lie.

13. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

14. uberheadymagical

uberheadymagical 250+ Posts

15. Super

Super 500+ Posts

16. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

I can't stand Carville.

17. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

18. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

Carville is an attack dog who has lost all moral standing in the dem party. He should instead help in the rebuilding of New Orleans.

19. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

20. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

I've got to agree with Washpark. I think Carville is really good. I also think Mark Penn is very good. McAuliffe sucks, but gives good interviews. Wolfson sucks less, but his interviews suck real bad.

Sometimes the problem is the candidate, and this is one of those times. Carville and Penn are doing the best they can with the most unappealing presidential candidate since Richard Nixon in 1968 or john Kerry in 2004 (tie).

21. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

It is very unfortunate, but you need an attack dog on staff, especially in Sept-Nov.

22. Super

Super 500+ Posts

Just so we're clear, I was referring to Carville. And Penn. And McAuliffe.

And it's not so much a matter of whether they're "good at what they do"; it's whether people want to have anything to do with it anymore.

I don't.

23. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

Carville is a very good strategist but not working officially for the campaign. Big mistake IMHO.

Carville knows that if the roles were reversed, he would advise them to do exactly like the Obama campaign has done with regards to Florida and Michigan.

Penn, not so much. He stuck with a front runner strategy and didn't plan beyond Super Tuesday. Huge, huge mistake. He'll get most of the blame post nomination.

I agree that they are trying to sell an unappealing candidate. Still no excuse for Penn's strategy in the primary. She should have won with her standing in the party. His work would have really been cut out for him in the general. Her negatives started high and remain so.

24. Kyrie Eleison

Kyrie Eleison 500+ Posts

Mark Penn S...U...C...K...S at campaign strategy. Sucks...bad.

"Microtrends".... what a joke.

Any half-decent campaign mngr. would have had an alternative plan of action if their campaign didn't go as anticipated. But did Penn? Nope. He got caught with his pants down and showing his big, stinking ***. He didn't know whether to **** or go blind, so he closes one eye and farts and tries to sell that as "strategy." It's nothing but compaign vomit topped with a big heaping, helping of excuses.

He's right there w/ the Democratic "consultants" who haven't won a damn thing in 15, 18 years...Bob Shrum, Donna Brazille (who single-handedly wrestled defeat from a clear win w/ Gore), Estridge.... all of them having become habituated to losing.

You'd think that failure after failure after failure would lead them to maybe re-examine their own strategic campaign prowess. But nope....they commit the very same errors time and time again.

Put 'em all on Easter Island to fend for themselves.

25. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

26. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

27. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

Carville wrote a book called "STICKIN': The case for loyalty". The Link

It is about "stickin' " with your friend come hell or high water. It is about NOT doing exactly what Richardson just did. For anyone to even think that Carville would do anything but tear into Richardson makes me think that many on Hornfans have been living in a cave since late 1991.

There's a whole world out there. Many of you are missing it.

[​IMG]

28. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

29. themooge

themooge 25+ Posts

He's just mad because he was out-debated by Frank the Tank.