Celebs Pledge Allegiance to Obama

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by zzzz, Jan 26, 2009.

1. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

2. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

Two legs good? Or bad? I forget which... [​IMG]

3. HornCyclist

HornCyclist 500+ Posts

Now that's unfair. Nowhere did anyone pledge allegiance to Obama. They pledged to respond to Obama's call to service to our country. Big difference.

I ran a drive to gather bedsheets for a local non-profit which aids victims of domestic violence by providing support and temporary housing on the first National Day of Service on MLK day. What did you do?

4. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

It's called "The Presidential Pledge." It concludes with "I pledge to be a servant to our president...and all mankind."

The Link

What did I do? I lived my life as I always do, not expecting any brownie points for it.

5. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Strange but I kind of liked them better when they were griping about Bush.

6. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

Celebrities are morons.

7. Not that Bob

Not that Bob 500+ Posts

MLK Day, I did my best to avoid sanctimony.

8. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

Demi Moore looks AND sounds MUCH better naked and NOT talking then clothed AND talking. [​IMG]

9. UT Spring Branch

UT Spring Branch 500+ Posts

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

But there's no bias in the media or in Hollywood. Everybody just be sure to remember that.

11. UT Spring Branch

UT Spring Branch 500+ Posts

I watched the video - nothing wrong with it but the end which has this great big image of Obama - that was creepy !!

12. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

The video is kind of creepy. That said, the message if legitimate and, even if not trumpeted enough under the Bush Administration, worth hearing. (Recall that Bush did not constantly push public service as Obama does; Bush suggested everyone go shopping.)

13. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

what a stupid video...

14. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I personnally spend about 40 hours a year volunteering time to a charity and volunteer my time frequently at my church.

I do not need someone to tell me to do it, I do it and have been doing it for many years. I guess it is just my upbringing and family values.

For some people in this day and time need it to be chic, or to be seen as to promote their careers.

15. NameAlreadyInUse

NameAlreadyInUse 500+ Posts

16. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

After making your pledge you should get a little plastic Obamassiah for your car's dashboard.

17. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

18. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

I'm sure Al Qaeda is very impressed.

19. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay 500+ Posts

The article captures my thoughts perfectly. That video is [​IMG] -inducing.

20. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

Were you the same people that bitched about "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

21. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I live my life and structure my decision making based on what Hollywodd celebs and rockers do. So for me, this is important information to know.

22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Steel Shank,
    In your opinion, which Hollywood types are most worthy of being worshiped for their sandwich making and eating prowess? And why the hell doesn't People Magazine ever print a truly hard hitting story on this important facet of their lives?

23. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I go with whoever is hot at the time. I seem to recall Roseanne Barr enjoyed sandwiches.

24. film actors are always thinking their asses off and i admire the **** out of that.

25. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

The first national day of service was 15 years ago. In reply to:

26. iLoVeLoNgHoRnS

iLoVeLoNgHoRnS 100+ Posts

Well, its good to know that volunteering and having a positive effect on one's community is now cool.

[​IMG]

27. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

If they'd pledge to keep Sharon Stone from making stupid comments during political events, I'd be pretty happy about that.

28. Rio Frio

Rio Frio 250+ Posts

29. LonghornLayla

LonghornLayla 25+ Posts

That commercial kinda creeps me out. I don't even know over half of the people on it. Anyway, I hate when celebs try to get all political, it's really annoying and they have no earthly idea what they are talking about.

30. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

Why can't he just be a president like the other 43? He has good personal qualities and bad ones. He will make/has made good decisions and will make/has made bad ones. I honestly worry that these expectations are more "He'll do everything that I want him to" rather than "He's a smart guy and he'll try hard". #2 is all that you can ask for from anyone (cases in point, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Kennedy, Eisenhower, etc).