Central Texas weather

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Oct 30, 2015.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

man, it is really just something else. Looks like Wimberly will end up with over 10 inches of rain. I was supposed to be in San Marcos for a conference. Scrapped those plans with the tornado alert/confirmation hitting in San Marcos just a few blocks from the conference site. Lots of flooding stages at various creeks/rivers in the San Marcos/Austin area. With last weekend's rain, not a lot of the water is soaking into the ground. The severe thunderstorm warning keeps getting pushed back further into the day. smh.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Be very careful we had a couple days of tornado warnings and watches about a month ago.

5. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Crazy I saw a report that just an hour after that flooding at Whataburger, and S. 1st and Barton Springs, the water subsided a bit and people were already in the drive-through placing orders.

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Well it is Whataburger.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BevoBeef

BevoBeef 250+ Posts

It really is an odd feeling to watch news bulletin on the tornado radar reports and then look out your living room window to see if you can view it in the dark clouds. Rain was falling horizontal at 50 mph. It is interesting to have that adrenaline flowing.

8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

How are things out your way now — has it lightened up?

9. BevoBeef

BevoBeef 250+ Posts

The last squall line just passed through. It looks to be quiet for a few days now and hopefully some of that water will have a chance to drain away. How it is for you depends on where you are in Hays county. The biggest problem has been the flooding. Austin airport reported more than 14 inches of rain during the daylight hours. That is equivalent to a 500-year flood there for any given rolling 6 hours in their recorded history.

For me, the biggest problem was the lack of power for more than 12 hours. When we called the power company to get on their list, they said it would be awhile because they could not even get to the problem area. I have been in this area a long time and have never seen it rain so much in such a short period of time. I was here when it rained 18 inches in one day. This time we got over 10 inches in a 1-2 hour period. Ohhh well,,,, now I can get a chance to watch us beat that Iowa State team.

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Volleyball team is still stuck in Dallas. Unable to board flight to Austin due to weather in Central Texas. After a sunny morning, it is overcast in Austin again, but thought we were due for a clear Saturday.

11. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Just saw this.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Spectrum news had a big feature on that bridge collapse this morning.

Glad I do not have to drive anywhere this week and can just stay home.

Everyone who needs to be on the road be safe.

• Agree Agree x 1