» CFN Top Offenses and Defenses of 2008

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Goothrey, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

I dont see any evidence that this has been posted yet.

Offense:The Link

Defense:The Link

Texas is ranked #8 offensively and #11 defensively.

2. Zuerst

Zuerst 250+ Posts

oops, they added an extra "1" there...

it's ok... it'll get sorted out as the season progresses

3. lnghrn005

lnghrn005 250+ Posts

They give us those rankings and then they say we will finish 3rd, AT BEST, in the Big 12 south.

[​IMG]

4. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

No kidding. A team ranked that high on offense and defense should be playing for a national championship...

I would have guessed top 15 for offense, and top 20 for defense.

5. UTmainman

UTmainman 100+ Posts

They ranked OU no. 1 on offense but the whole paragraph there is just question marks. Makes no sense.

6. jmann09

jmann09 250+ Posts

I agree, John Childs provides some needed depth

7. The Gnome Man

The Gnome Man 250+ Posts

That makes no sense. Shouldn't it be John Children?

8. TornACL

TornACL 250+ Posts

Man....

Let me tell you, I will be downright ecstatic if we end up with the #8 offense and #11 defense this season.

I think those are very optimistic projections.

9. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Agree. Very optimistic. But if the running game develops early and we get a good pass rush, our record may be better than most people think. [​IMG]

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

His name is Justin Chiles.

11. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Yet another reason I am glad to not bother hitting any links or watching programs like this. Reading them here is more than enough. These people need to sell advertisement and are guessing at best.

Somebody needs to set up a blog or site that compares what is predicted to what happens to chart who has the best pre-season prognostication abilities. Those in that business would not be keen on that since most of them would do miserably.

12. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

putting ohio st., wisconsin, and clemson in the top 10 on offense is kind of a joke. watching grass grow is more exciting than watching those offensive teams, good lord, what about oregon, cal, arizona st., kansas, colorado looks good, even nebraska have more exciting offenses.

13. manHands

manHands < 25 Posts

Agree with Longhorn 05. I think this is just another example of media sensationalism - and as usual with little or nothing to really back it all up. Its amazing to me, many of the writers that actually make it to a major publication, received degrees from some big time schools. But you know, logic and reason go right out the door when the editor says, "I'm not printing that. That's not going to piss anybody off!"

14. lnghrn005

lnghrn005 250+ Posts

Ohio State, Clemson, and Wisconsin return most of their starters. I think OSU returns something like 19 starters?

Clemson has their QB back who was a lot better than he's being given credit for and they return the best RB combo in the nation in Davis and Spiller.

Kansas is not in the top 10 because they lost both OT's, their RB, and their top WR.

Oregon lost a couple of WR's, Dixon, Stewart, and someone guys on the OL.

Wisconsin in the top 10 is odd though.

15. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts