CFP Moves Semi Game from Rose Bowl to JerryWorld

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TexasFight86, Dec 19, 2020.

1. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

Could this be any indication ND is in, as Kelly said they wouldn’t play at RB if families couldn’t attend. It was a bluff that apparently worked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Good question.

My thoughts are
    Bama
    Clemson
    tOSU
    Notre Dame

aggy is up there but lost to Bama by 28, Noter dame beat Clemson in the regular season, but lost to Clemson in the CCG by 24. I hope the Committee goes with ND over aggy. No B12 nor Pac12 teams.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

PS: I don't plan to watch the playoffs anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  4. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

please no Aggie, we would never hear the end of it from those gomers if they make the playoffs before we do.

5. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

If I'm looking at this objectively, I put aggy in. ND wasn't even competitive last night. But I hope the committee sees it differently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

It's the 4 best versus 4 most deserving argument. I'm a most deserving guy. A&M should go ahead of Ohio State.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I know it won't happen....and they lost to aggy and LSU....but Florida sure looked like a top 5 team last night. I dont think they are, but...dont think aggy is either.
    Trying to be objective on aggy, too. The question isnt should the #5 team jump ND....the question is should aggy even be #5. Bottom line is aggy beat only 1 top 25 team. In addition, they only beat 2 teams with winning records.
    I do not like tOSUs resume but they are in...won conference and did what they had to.
    Hate to say it but ou should be in conversation. They avenged one loss and had more top 25 wins than any other team in the conversation.
    Too bad ISU didnt win or I think they would have gotten the nod as was indicated by many as the weekend approached and after Clemson crushed ND.
    Cinci needs to be at least discussed even though ...the obvious.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Eyeball test aggy would be in, they look better than ND but paper resume aggy has really just one quality win over Florida and they literally feasted on the six teams that finished in the last three places in both SEC divisions. Of course ND only has two wins over teams with winning record too in Clemson and UNC so its not like they played a murderers row schedule either. If I were on the cmte its Ohio State who should get short straw for only playing six games, no way a possible NC winner should only play 8 total games while others play up to 13.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Make it simple Bama V Clemson.
    Get ready for next year

I would love, love to see TAMU in.
    Bama would embarrass them.

Yes, This years NC will always have an asterisk by the game in all fans minds.

10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This plus a 28 point loss to Alabama will be the excuse from the Committee if aggy doesn't get in. From an aggy viewpoint (for this season only) "The 2 teams with a winning record" can be rationalized by "We could only play the schedule the SEC gave us". The 28 point loss to Alabama however shows that aggy really hasn't made any progress in their quest to parity with Alabama.

11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Whoever makes it, I'm glad it's in Arlington, Texas. Even though capacity will be limited, it's a nice little boost for the local economy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

The playoff is a joke. And there's an inevitable push to water it down even more. Ugh. Give me the poll/bowl system again. It was a lot more fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Agree. I lost interest in the Playoffs the year that Bama was put in and they didn't even make their CCG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Agree - I'm for anything that brings out-of-state money into Arlington to help pay off the bonds for the Boss Hog Bowl.

15. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Yes I live In Arlington Taxes.