Chad Morris

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 1963_Frosh, Sep 17, 2018.

1. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

I remember HPSlugga was in favor of hiring Chad Morris to replace Mack Brown. Would we be further along in our rebuilding program if Chad was our coach, or are we just glad to see Arkansas suffer?
    If HPSlugga still views HornFans, we all would appreciate his comments too.

2. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

Everything seems to be pointing to YES, had we hired him over Charlie Strong.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

He also said we were back after the Notre Dame game.

But I guess we were all fooled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Head coaching record[edit]
    College[edit]
    Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
    SMU Mustangs
    (American Athletic Conference) (2015–2017)
    2015 SMU 2–10 1–7 T–5th (West)
    2016 SMU 5–7 3–5 5th (West)
    2017 SMU 7–5 4–4 T–3rd (West) Frisco*
    SMU: 14–22 8–16 *Departed SMU for Arkansas before bowl game
    Arkansas Razorbacks (Southeastern Conference) (2018–present)
    2018 Arkansas 1–2 0–0 (Western)
    Arkansas: 1–2 0–0
    Total: 15–24
    I don't know how anyone could think our program would be farther/further/ahead of what has been accomplished so far....They just got beaten by North Texas. Is that like losing to Kansas? Oh yeah, Charlie did that.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

So what you're saying is that Arky will be competing with aggy for 3rd or 4th place in their division in two years? That's encouraging.

Sorry, I extrapolated that one.....

• Like Like x 3
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Vol,

I really think 4th place is realistic in Brazos County, but being overly optimistic in Washington County. Although I don't know for sure, I'm relatively certain Morris is Baptist, meaning he probably could have waited for the Baylor job; maybe Morris just likes chicken and Murphy gas.

7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe Morris interviewed with Baylor (to keep the Baptists happy), but the Baylor people was focused on Rhule from the get go.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Like everything else the Baylor "elite" have done, screw is up

9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Even losing to Kansas isn't as bad as paying over a million dollars to lose by 30 points at home.

• Like Like x 4
  10. zuckercanyon

soo probably wouldn't have been as good a hire as Herman.....

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

This UNT squad would have absolutely demolished the Kansas squad that Charlie lost to.

12. zuckercanyon

The Kansas team that beat Charlie was probably one of the best 2-10 teams in the country in 2016, so I take offense to that, Sangre......ok, sorry couldn't keep a straight face....

13. Sangre Naranjada

Remember, the only thing keeping Kansas from 1-11 that year was....us!

• Like Like x 1
  14. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Stick a fork in the hogs. They are now perennial cellar dwellers. The nu cob nobblers are not far from it.

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Unfortunately most of the people away from Texas say the same thing about the Longhorns.

16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Well...Rhode Island sort of got in the way.

17. Sangre Naranjada

They already had the 1 victory, so we were the reason they doubled their usual victory output that year.

18. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Maybe I'm misremembering. I thought Chad had a lucrative offer from Baylor, but turned them down because it was not for enough years.

19. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I think Morris will be fine just need to get a few of his classes in the books. He want to run a spread but has guys that were all recruited to play smash mouth run the ball down your throat football. Not saying he will win the conference but will be better than bilema if given time but time is not a given in college football anymore with this contracts they hand out to coaches now a days.

20. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Just read a recap of the game in the Denton newspaper. That punt return deke was classic:

Brewer never called for a fair catch and hardly moved as Arkansas defensive back Nate Dalton and linebacker Grant Morgan trotted past.

“One of them asked me why they didn’t blow the whistle,” Brewer said. “I didn’t say anything. As soon as he passed, I knew it was ‘go time.’”

Sort of sums up the game for the hogs.