Chance of Football in 2020

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by AC, Jul 8, 2020.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is our future

D0D68A0B-81E3-4EAA-B9D1-F9C5EA88BC55.jpeg :

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If NYC was at 23% infected on May 6, why did the infections slow down? How come it didn’t stop at 50% infected, or 70% infected? For a highly contagious virus, if the first 25% was easy to infect, why not the next 25%? It’s almost as if something is stopping it. I wonder what that is? Hmmmm.

• Hot Hot x 1
  4. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

It's like the rules in dining establishments...
    Can anyone explain to me the ultimate significance/difference having a mask on while standing and walking but not while sitting? No... because it makes no difference whatsoever. I could go on and on...the list of rules and parameters that make no logical (or medical/scientific) sense is endless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s like buying a security for your home. It just means someone else’s house gets broken into.

Unfortunately people in nursing homes can’t isolate or move away from the danger as well due to the nursing care required.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

One more thing. Blood work doesn’t define herd immunity. Results in the field define herd immunity. Blood work only provides additional insight. People in media too f*cking stupid to know the difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

When they said it was necessary to wear masks when in social gatherings and anytime ‘anti’social gathering was impossible but then said protests were ok, that did it for me.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Me too, except I knew the mask thing was BS before the "protests".

9. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. horninchicago

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

HIC, regardless of your personal views regarding the masks, I think you and others are missing the big
    picture. The big picture is this: masks allow government to open society for schools, churches, sports to continue, etc. It allows them to say masks work when in reality cases ultimately go down due to herd immunity. It’s basically a face-saving way (unintentional pun) for them to open society without admitting that herd immunity is real.

• Like Like x 1
  12. horninchicago

I get it, actually. I play the game at work. It's unfortunate most people are stupid enough to think these useless masks will make it all better.

13. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

I’d rather watch paint dry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. horninchicago

Yes, same here, but I refuse to wear a mask while watching it dry. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, OK, but I bet college football follows the NFL's lead. I am thinking I will pass on going to UT games if I gotta wear a mask.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well in Aug and Sept I usually have a wet towel over my hand and sides of face anyway and wife already says I look stupid, so no big deal with a wet gaiter on. Hookem

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I am glad to hear they have contingency for worse case scenario. I think they know the peak has past and it will only get better from here. Wait 4 more weeks and you will see southern US (NC SC TN GA FL AL MS LA TX) on a declining slope of cases. Limited releases of vaccine will be available in October. I can’t wait for update on antibody therapy (anyone sick enough to be admitted to hospital gets a shot of antibodies to neutralize virus). Occupancy and deaths go way down.

Unfortunately CA is a 2-3 weeks behind Texas because they had a stricter lockdown than Texas in April and May, which has delayed their timeline to herd immunity.

I have to brag because I said it was good that US northeast got hit first in terms of the market because they will be the first to recover. By the way, doesn’t the stock market agree with my analysis?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  21. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I always get a flu shot but I have heard doctors say"dont get the vaccine" when it comes out. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Here’s the deal. The flu shot for any particular individual may not help you. In fact, you might get a slight cold and aches. However, taken all together, the flu shot if given to enough people lessens transmission of the flu, meaning it helps you indirectly more than it may help you directly. It’s a hard concept to buy into, which is why not everyone takes it like other vaccines.

23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

A good guide on when to get the vacine is when they ok it for Type 1 diabetes kids. The currently unknown is which vaccine to get since there are 8 different companies currently working on a vaccine.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Please read this 32-part tweet storm about antibodies. People apparently develop 3 levels of antibodies based on their infection level. Who knows the level that the study you referenced detected as positive. There will be a second set of tweets coming soon regarding T cells.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Herd Immunity Threshold Against COVID-19 May Be Lower Than Believed: Researchers

26. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

true, but only if a R is occupying the Whitehouse!

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

So yesterday DelConte said they are working on the assumption of a 12 game season. We’re not out of the woods yet but some kind of 2020 season sounds likely and an official announcement will come when??

Pretty soon I’m sure.
    :hookem:

29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

CDC------"as of today"

And in six weeks?

And in 8 weeks half the attendees are sick

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  30. horninchicago

So what? People get sick all the time. How many have died? Shirley you must know the stats on that.

Grownups know how to weigh risk and decide if they want to go do grownup things. It's pretty simple.

• Like Like x 2