Change at Tech?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Joe Fan, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Sir, would that be Texas State University to which you refer? Our friend down south I-35?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yes, Sir. Old ways die hard; like is will always be Texas A&I. West Texas State. East Texas State. North Texas State, Arlington State, PanAm, and The Cesspool on the Brazos.

:beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Art?

Desperate times, deadly measures?

4. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

He's too radioactive. Even the CFL couldn't keep him because of all the blowback. I'd like to 'think' Tech is too good to stoop that low for a coach.

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Plus some money he was still due even if they fired him, which they just flat-out refused to pay him for. Clear-cut breach of contract in failing to compensate him according to work performed under the terms of his contracts, and it's ridiculous that Sovereign Immunity was ruled to apply to something like that. The point of SI is supposed to be more along the lines of "You can't sue your legislator for passing a bill that costs you money."

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

They might try Mark Mangino, not that he'd be a great fit, but he'd look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters when he runs (or try to run) on the field. What a vision!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Tech big money also interested in Dana Holgorsen

9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I'd go for Matt Campbell at Iowa State. He teaches fundamentally good football and seems to run a clean program.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I don't doubt that there are Tech BMD's who, like most on this board, acknowledge just how badly the red raiders messed up by running Leach off. Despite what that article says though I'm finding it very, very, hard to believe we'll ever see the pirate coaching in Lubbock ever again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I find it well beyond the realm of possibility. It's not going to happen and that tweet is cheap-*** clickbait.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Mike Leach to TTU: "It's gonna cost ya, chief!"

14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That's news...didn't know there was that much big money at Tech.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

My bruddah, that school was always a place to marry up

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

:lmao:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

It seems logical both Matt's from the B12 will be seeing upgrade offers soon. However, I'm not sure either would consider tech since they're already in better situations. Well, wacko vs dust bowl is debatable, but I'd still choose wacko.

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Between the two I'd take Lubbuttock.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

While wacko certainly isn't a paradise, lubbocks is where the enema gets inserted. Drove through there in February one time. Literally tumbleweeds and red dirt blowing through town. Wind was howling at 30+ and temp was in the low to mid 20's.
    Just saying.

20. Sangre Naranjada

If Lubbock is where the enema gets inserted, Waco and malfunction junction are where the contents of said enema are spewed out.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

bummer. Our conference is more fun with him in it

22. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Isn't Kent Hance still alive with an office on campus?

23. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

No mention of Larry Fedora for the gig? Man, has that star fallen hard

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Yeah, Fedora was a rather hot commodity just a couple of offseasons ago.

25. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Not me brother - I'll take Lubbutocks only given a choice of those 2 locations. Wacko is a crappy little town.... just my .02.

26. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Waco and Lubbuttocks may be bad, but they are still in Texas, so they have that going for them. Better than most of snow covered Chicago area I live in or any of the New Jersey cities I saw when I lived there in 2011.

• Like Like x 1
  27. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I remember several here wanting him to be our coach. It would appear that could have been a bigger bust than Charlie.

28. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

and the women are much better looking at Tceh than bailer---I can attest to this, because my wife went to Lubbick and my sister and one sister-in-law to wacko!!:smile1:

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Coach Bro is popular

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Supposedly now it is Utah State coach Matt Wells emerging as the fav for the TTU job