Changes made on Campus but the Eyes of Texas stays

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by PecosBill, Jul 13, 2020.

1. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

If The Eyes is problematic for Caden someone should probably tell him to sit down, because he's gonna really be shocked when he learns Texas fought for the South during the Civil War...

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Might as well end the University of Texas. It was founded by ex-Confederates. Fire all the professors and staff. Go somewhere else to school, if that your criteria for participation.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. 2003TexasGrad

This. Can't hate The Eyes without hating the entirety of the University.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

heck, entirety of the State.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Heck, every Red state.

6. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I want to riot every time I go to a game and get blasted with that putrid excuse for music on the Goddamnitron. Will somebody whine for me about that? But the players like it, bless their low IQ hearts and they should get all they want.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I think Herman’s plan is to blast the Black National Anthem as they run through the tunnel before the game and at the end of each quarter. The honorary Kapernick deciple, initially Sterns for Game 1, will be carrying the black BLM flag onto the field. I can almost feel the emotion now. (Or maybe that’s my stomach churning...as I prepare to Ralph.)

I’m not sure but I think Herman may still allow someone — at the back of the pack — to carry the Stars & Stripes onto the field as well. It’ll be some low level, walk-on racist white privilege guy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. 2003TexasGrad

Probably "the kicker."

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Herman better have a good financial advisor to make sure his last paycheck lasts. This is his last coaching gig at this level.

10. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

The kicker will carry the Aussie flag.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Sterns better hope he stays healthy this year. If he doesn't make the NFL, he won't get much Texas Ex love in the job market.

12. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

According to Herman, if you don't give him a job, you're a racist. Nevermind that he will be a poisonous employee.

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Herman is an idiot. No one will hire the kid. If so, they will have someone who always wants to be heard, but can't be relied upon to get the job done.

Sterns is a good player, at least he had a good Freshman year, don't get me wrong. But it sounds like his focus is more on outside issues. I will be watching him this year to see if he has put in the hard work to develop. If he is a standout, I will shut my mouth, but guys like Eagles, Overshown, and Sterns seem to over promise and under deliver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Herman is correct that he will get a good job. The powers that be in Austin will force Catholic Healthcare Incompetence to give him a cushy job at MD Anderson with a fat salary and no responsibility. To compensate, they will lay-off three healthcare professionals.

This is sarcasm but we have done it before.

15. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I just heard Earl Campbell live on The Horn (104.9 FM) say, "That was then and this is now. There is nothing wrong with 'The Eyes of Texas'. Leave 'The Eyes of Texas' alone." I hope he said that same thing directly to these disgruntled athletes so maybe this can die down for a while.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I read one article that said former black athletes defended the eyes. It’s why it wasn’t abolished.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

If they want to pretend that the mores of 1903 are still at play, why do they not treat the Democrat party of 2020 as the Democrat party of 1903?

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. 2003TexasGrad

I've been saying this too. Its like when everyone cries not all Muslims are terrorists, which is true, why are we defunding police because of the actions of a few? Its mindless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Need to get more of those guys on campus to teach the team reality.

We, Texans, are in this together. Alabama and Louisiana and Georgia are a bunch of ******* if we could just get Texans to care about Texas, we would win.

But then again Herman can't even convince Brockermeyer's kid to come to Texas. Blake needs to turn in his Texas card after that ********.

• Agree Agree x 2