Chapman

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by longhornfan2818, Mar 28, 2008.

1. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

Clint F'ing chapman. Where has this been all year long?

2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

He's stepped up - no question he has the ability, just needs the confidence. Love the way he's going to the boards.

3. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

He didn't play as much in the second half but he gave us some key minutes in the first half. Great game, Clint! [​IMG]

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

He was crucial to our first half run to get the initial separation. Outstanding job tonight.

5. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

Thank you Canby, Oregon.

[​IMG]

6. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

Nice one Chappy! [​IMG]

7. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin 25+ Posts

Actually, he's been good in spots all year. Though tonight he and Sexy Dexy really stepped up. [​IMG]

8. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

Gotta give it up for the 503 tonight.

[​IMG]

9. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

Chapman reminds me of Connor three years ago.

I hope he reaches Connor's badass-ness.

10. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Agree with MrMojo and Endust. He has had some key moments all year, and in first half it was like he was the best big off of the bench and Coach stuck with him b/c he was making a difference. Here's to you Mr. Chapman! [​IMG]

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

11. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

Chapman is going to be great before he leaves Austin.

I have a good feeling that if DJ doesn't come back, we're still going to have a Top 20 team next year because of our current freshmen.

If DJ does, we're pre-season #1. Considering DJ's academic excellence, I think he returns to keep working on that.

Meanwhile, let's see how far we ride this year.

12. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

one certified badass indeed.

13. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

Clint is so much better than Atchley as a Frosh. The best thing about the guy is that he has an attitude on the court. If Pittman played half as hard or angry, he would be 3rd team all-conference at the least (anyone remember the horror he inflicted on A&M when he got pissed at that technical foul call?). Can't wait to see how Chap progresses when we really start relying on him.

14. pike

pike 250+ Posts

Chapman lacks the 3point shot ability that Atchley has.
    Obviously we didnt see that as a freshman with Connor though.
    Maybe Chapman will surprise in that category.

Pike

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Connor hit 8 of 26 threes during his freshman year. Not exactly lighting it up, but he at least showed he was willing to take the shot. Contrast that with Chapman, who hasn't attempted one all season, and I suspect we won't see him turning into a long range gunner during his career.

Nevertheless, what he's displayed down on the block is very enticing, and has me looking forward to more.

16. Bill_McNeal

Bill_McNeal 250+ Posts

This time next year, CC will be our Robin Lopez.

This time 2 years out, CC will be our Brook Lopez.

Dude has moves. A little more seasoning, a little more live play, a little more work with Todd Wright, hell be good to go.

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts