Charlie and a Bowl

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ronich, Nov 13, 2015.

?

If we don't make a bowl, Charlie is gone Yes or NO

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    86.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

How many feel that if the Horns don't make a bowl, CS is gone?

2. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Victory over OU pushed Coach Strong's return from "probable" to "definite".

• Like Like x 4
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The improving play of the freshman also guarantees next year. We are going to have 8-9 starters returning on each side of the ball.

• Like Like x 3
  4. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Reminds me of the high school coach who finished 0-10. but had 20 starters returning for next year.... He said," I have good news and bad news. The good news is we have 20 starters returning from a 0-10 team. The bad news is we have 20 starters returning from a 0-10 team.....LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Some of those guys who are not getting playing time may actually suck at this level. Mack played upperclassmen until he was coaching for his job....Then he put the players who could win on the field. Charlie is in a sinking boat, so you would think he would give the pails to guys who could empty water the best.

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Stop the nonsense, Strong isn't returning for year #3.

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Everybody loves to hate on Haines, but he's got a knack for the ball and is top 5 for Texas all-time in pick return yardage already.

8. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Interesting, I didn't know that. Good on Haines.

9. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Mr. Oliver, I mean AAK09, your single-mindedness for this one issue is very remarkable.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Your post - LOL.

11. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

I answered "no," but how sad is that? A head coach can keep his job after not even mustering enough wins to go bowling, which is way too easy in this day and age.

The same man that said, "we'll never lose 5 games again"

12. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

aak has to be a fake. I mean... he just has to be!

13. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

To make matters worse...Our basketball team looks like it will suck this year !!!! Just got beat by a bunch of Freshmen because we couldn't shoot, rebound, or play defense...SMH...Well there is always volleyball. We can play that game !!!!!!!!!

14. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

So pathetic. Watched the whole game and it was like they weren't even being coached whatsoever. Biggest dud of a coach debut I have ever witnessed. PERIOD.

Us as Texas fans need to stop expecting greatness. If you take away 2000-2009, our sports accomplishments are basically on par with Arizona State or Purdue.