Charlie Strong the Red Herring

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by zuckercanyon, Dec 10, 2017.

1. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

When Orlando leaves, we should hire Charlie as DC. With Herman hugging and kissing him, Charlie would really thrive!

• Like Like x 1
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Dion - are you working on the yellow emoji beating a dead red fish with a stick?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I will submit it forthwith to the Hornfans Department of Graphic Arts and Emoji Whatnots.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I've been a Texas Rangers fan since 1974. I've NEVER lost my excitement for next year.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Go crazy.

:herring:

• Like Like x 7
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Best idea I ever had! Now how can I monetize it?

7. WorsterMan

Dion, you are ALLSOME dude!!

... I take back ALL the nasty things I said to Bevo Joe about you!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

He didn’t believe a word of it and he also said you were from Oklahoma but wouldn’t admit it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Ya shoulda copyrighted it before ya posted it ...

• Like Like x 2
  10. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

How about a new digital currency? Bit-herrings!

• Like Like x 4
  11. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Nice! How about a straw man beating a red herring?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. zuckercanyon

So, either South Florida has a sorry fan base, or, like their coach, are very giving people and would rather their tickets go to someone less fortunate....

14. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

USF doesn't have a fanbase. It's the UTSA of Florida. Sure, there might be a diehard mixed in there somewhere, but those people are few and far between. There's a picture of the USF Bull in the dictionary next to "commuter school." Students who enroll in classes there are shocked to find out they offer Bachelor degrees.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

1.059 is four times the actual attendance of their home games. IF they have 85 scholarship players, 15 walkons. coaches families. administration, managers, trainers, that comes out about 6-8 tickets per family after their three fans buy tickets.

16. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

When Jim Leavitt was the coach, they had 60,000 attend games multiple times. They may actually have one of the bigger fan bases of any non power team.

[​IMG]

USF was in a BCS conference in the Big East. Dropping from a power conference to a non-power conference plus years of being bad has probably hurt their attendance. They started winning again, but I am guessing they will not return to their attendance levels from 10 years ago unless they get back into a power conference.

Interestingly, South Florida’s average home attendance dropped from 37,529 in 2016 with Willie Taggert to 26,401 in 2017 with Charlie Strong.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Or, more likely, even a school like USF realizes that going to an irrelevant bowl is a waste of time, money and energy.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trouble in paradise

19. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

they do know its usf and not fsu or uf right, but his QB is trash I can see why he has been on so many different teams

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. zuckercanyon

Maybe last year's success was based on the players left over from the prior season...

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have no idea what the point of this thread is. But then I got tired of trying to figure it out before the second page...

22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Strong takes over a team that went 11-2 and in only his second season they will be 7-5 after they lose to UCF next week. That was quick.

• Like Like x 1
  23. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Yeah losing flowers hurt

24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

:herring::herring::herring::herring:
    :herring::herring::herring::herring:
    This emoji turned out to be the point of the thread. Strange how things happen.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. WorsterMan

They should keep CS.

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

If only the admin would support him, he'd do great.

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

So the fanbase of USF wants to fire Strong? What portacan do those three meet in?

• Funny Funny x 2
  28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It is the one outside of Tropicana Field in St. Pete. The port-a-can is painted blue so the USF fans can tell the difference between the two.

29. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

It's Florida.

If the 3 members of the fanbase are the athletic department cigars, and if they vote on Strong, we won't know the results until 2019 --- after a machine recount, then a manual recount.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

and then finding the box with the missing ballots. At least LBJ had the sense to get those dead people to vote for him.

• Funny Funny x 1