Charlottesville and Hypocrisy of the Left and the Media

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Aug 13, 2017.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You know that Britain is not the United States of America, right?

2. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

But the U.S. was becoming the same ... Centralized Fed Govt.

The fact slavery was legal in at least a handful of "Union States" until near the very end of the war underscores ... the narrative became "slavery." It wasn't a logistical issue, it was a conflict of what the Constitution directs issue.

Now look at us. Nothing goes without some form of interference from the Fed.

George Washington would not be proud.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

And the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments were added just before the Southern states rejoined the union. Doesn't that show purpose? This rebranding of the Civil War to be only about State Rights rather than State Rights to own slaves is the true revisionist history. The South left the union because they saw the writing on the wall that the Norther abolitionists would eventually force them to give up their slaves which were viewed as highly important to their industrial economy.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I do, but that's not the point. Nevertheless, there is a statue of Washington in London.

5. Seattle Husker

During my 2 trips to London I was impressed by the breadth of their statues in/round Westminster Abbey. The US was well represented. If memory serves, Martin Luther King had a statue there too. On the GW statue I remember thinking "this was a 'traitor' to the Brits yet the still had the wherewithal to immortalize him with a statue."

• Like Like x 2
  6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They must be low on snowflakes.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They actually have more.

• Like Like x 2
  8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

The bottom line is we are erecting for ourselves golden calves to worship and if you don't worship the golden calf of the day, you are an evil person with no redeeming qualities, "credit ShAArk"

Great line, imho. No importance to anyone but because (I am sure) of my southern heritage the whole thing nauseates me. I think we are fools to want to destroy and desecrate our history. I understand tributes to Grant and do not particularly like anything to Sherman but am not going to protest in an effort to get removed. Their are part of American History for goodness sake. You have to take the good with the bad.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Seattle Husker

I present to you some leaders of the White Supremacist movement. Jason Kessler (on the iPhone) was the organizer of the Unite the Right march in Charlottsville and lightly attended 1yr anniversary march in DC.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

LOL! Nazi losers.

11. Seattle Husker

Watch the video. Not endorsing the use of inflammatory language but it may be appropriate given the video.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Why should I watch the video? They're self proclaimed Nazis and obviously losers. What could be in that video that I would need to hear?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seattle Husker

It was funny to hear the Dad yell "get out of my room" to this supposed leader of white supremacists. It put these jokers in context.

14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Fair enough, I suppose. But they are on equal footing with the antifa retards, as far as my assessment of their worth, so I have no real need for any further proof of their inadequacy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seattle Husker

I've got no love for the true antifa. Losers all around.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

There weren't enough Nazis on hand, so the antifa had to attack the police, reporters, and anybody else who was around.

And to think that Trump's statement last year that there were bad people on both sides of the Confederate Monument Argument caused such a media backlash and outcries of racism and all that nonsense. I think if there was any doubt that Trump was right, the antifa dispelled it this year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

19. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

This is hilarious if true. It is completely plausible on the surface.

Who are the white supremacist fascists now? Huh? Birds of a feather and all that.