Charlottesville and Hypocrisy of the Left and the Media

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Robert Lee commanding the Army of Northern Virginia (1863 colorized)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Wonder if Sheila (Stonewall) Jackson (Robert E.) Lee is worried?

• Like Like x 1
  3. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Let's start a letter writing campaign to get her to change her name to Sheila Sherman Grant.
    Strike that, Grant and Sherman owned slaves.
    Let's try Sheila Lincoln. Oops! Lincoln wanted to deport all slaves back to Africa.
    Uhhhhhhh. Let's see. Sheila North. Wait! Oliver North was involved with Iran Contra.
    OK. I've got it.

Dear Congresswoman Sheila.
    I am writing to tell you that your last names of Jackson Lee are offensive to many who find statues of Confederate soldiers to be offensive. Since there are not any last names that are not offensive to someone, I am requesting that you change your name to Sheila. You know, like Cher. As well as non-offensive, adopting the name Sheila would be cool. In fact, I'll be changing my name to Fourth because it is so cool to only have one name.

Since your current name is offensive, I think you really should resign your office if you are unwilling or unable to legally change your name. I think it is really important that you do this to help provide a national safe space.

By the way, changing your name to Queen Sheila would also be offensive to many, although that would be cool too. Sheila Q Liquor would not be offensive, but might involve you in a trademark lawsuit.

Let me know if I can help.

Your loyal constituent,
    Fourth

• Like Like x 5
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It's so dumb it doesn't make any sense. Has ESPN commented?

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It gets said so casually that it's lost all meaning now, but if that happened, I think I actually WOULD look into moving to another country. I hear Belize has a lot to offer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

New Zealand, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Slovenia are on my list.

10. Seattle Husker

I don't know what the government situation is like but I hear from all my European co-workers that Prague is the most beautiful city in the world. If it's traffic situation is slightly better than Bucharest which I spent some time in for work, I'd be open to living there.

11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't know anything about the Slavic areas, except it's eastern Europe and that always makes me nervous. What appeals to you about them?

If it's easy enough to get to Italy from there or the Mediterranean in general, that'd be OK, because if I'm going to be an ex-pat, I'm going to be the ex-pat that spends all his time scuba diving and hanging out wherever they still show American football.

12. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

As bad as we've got it here, I cannot see how any part of Europe would be better. Best bet is for Texas to secede.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

We took my parents to Prague this past Christmas. It has a very beautiful old town that is magical during Christmas. Is it the most beautiful city in the world? I think that's going too far, but it's impressive. The traffic wasn't any worse than what I've seen in other big cities in Europe. Of course, most people stay close to the city center and use public transportation, which is pretty good - buses, metro, trams, etc. Also, it's the cheapest big European city I've ever been to.

14. 4th_floor

New Zealand is my emergency backup country if we continue to go to hell in the US. I know folks who have already moved and become citizens. They are happy there. I haven't completely given up on the US, but I'm getting closer every day. Plus, all of my family are still here. And most importantly, it would be hard to make many Longhorn games if I lived in NZ.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Eastern Europe is very different from Western Europe. No white guilt, fewer countries in the Eurozone, and though they're mostly in the EU, it's for economic reasons. It's not because of some naive ******** dream of getting rid of nation states and reorganizing the continent along the lines of a John Lennon song.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  16. 4th_floor

Here, here!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I laughed

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Budapest
    Maybe Poland

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. Seattle Husker

Sounds interesting. I drug my wife along with me to Bucharest and we spent an extra week hanging out in Romania (Brasov area...had to hit Dracula's castle). If Prague is half as cheap as Bucharest then you could by on very little cash. We were dining extravagantly for ~$30 per meal which included a bottle of wine and multiple courses. High end lodging was ~$100/night. When I flew into Bucharest (in July) the plane was full of Western Europeans going there for a cheap vacation.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Still haven't been to Bucharest, but it's in my list. Mrs. Deez prefers the country and small towns to the cities, so it took some effort just to get her to go to Prague. For example, we're going to Hallstatt, Austria next week, and that's her ideal location - small, beautiful, and in the mountains. (Personally, I can enjoy either, so I prefer to mix it up.) Prague isn't as cheap as Bucharest, but it's cheap compared to Rome, Berlin, or Amsterdam. And it's damn near free compared to Copenhagen, London, or Zurich.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently they are popping up in Europe even
    Becoming an international symbol of defiance

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That's not a good thing. Russia Today. Of course.

24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That could actually be a few Russians in various cities that Richard Spencer sent the flag to and RT is coordinating the flag flying so they could get the pics.

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Once again, is the story false because of who tweeted it?
    I think that with many of you here, this is the only thing you care about. "Oh, so and so tweeted it so I can ignore it." Is this really all that matters to you guys? The greatest example of all time may have been Matt Drudge breaking on the story Newsweek sat on about Monica and the President. Many of you guys are still ignoring that story simply because Drudge broke it (eventhough the MSM actually did the work and wrote it)

What is happening here is very close to what is happening with the antifa. The antifa calls everyone on the right a Nazi and thus justify ignoring everything from the right. It's actually broader than just the right, anyone at all they disagree with is a Nazi. What you do here is not much different.

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This isn't the kind of story that RT gets wrong. It's the 24/7 Putin ***-kissing that they get wrong, but of course since that's the main reason they exist, I doubt they'll stop doing that any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Looks like the media is finally waking up to what and who the antifas are, and are starting to unhook their wagons from them

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I would mostly agree with that as well.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course, this is coming from a conservative. I'd like to see mainstream media commentators say similar things. And I'd like to see them as aggressive in demanding that Democratic politicians denounce them as they are that Republicans denounce the alt-Right.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I thought we kicked him out of the club?