Chaz Patterson Leaving Texas...

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Nov 9, 2018.

1. HScoachhtx

HScoachhtx < 25 Posts

Neither bitter nor a fool. Actually knowledgeable. I’ll post again in March when you guys exit at sweet sixteen latest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  2. HScoachhtx

HScoachhtx < 25 Posts

I agree over the years Texas has had various hard games in preseason. Look at this preseason. Name one hard game besides sec challenge. Just name one

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I keep reading that Chaz doesn't fit Karen's system. If that's the case, then why in the hell did she recruit her in the first place? Is our coach so incompetent she doesn't know what type of player she's recruiting or did she just want to keep her away from baylor, aggie? That's a sickening thing to do, to recruit a player just to let them sit on the bench.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

You keep proving my point, although you are too dense to notice.

You aren't here to give props to Chasity and provide constructive points; you are here to dump on Coach A and the Texas program. You are very transparent, just like most "new" posters who only register on this site and decide to post during adversity.

Again, you are making yourself look better and better on here with every childish and degrading post you make.

• Like Like x 5
    • poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Maybe you are the incompetent one. Recruits don't always pan out at the university they sign with initially. Plenty of signed recruits left programs run by Coach Auriemma and Coach Summitt for many reasons, some of which were not being a good fit. It happens in all sports at just about every school whether a program is elite or not.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • poop poop x 1
  6. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I responded to your post that said "each season she schedules weak teams". This is the first season that we haven't a devil's gauntlet to run through prior to the regular season. I'm actually okay with not front loading this season with top 10 opponents as this will allow a team without Ariel and Brooke (and Joyner Holmes) to get its footing. As it stands, this young team will be adequately challenged by its non-conference schedule.

BTW, Tennessee is on our non-conference schedule this year so that qualifies as "one hard game".

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm not the one doing the recruiting and you making such a statement is an insult to me and against board rules. Sure players left Auriemma and Summit''s teams for lack of effort, homesick, etc., but they never recruited anyone that didn't fit their system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  8. HScoachhtx

HScoachhtx < 25 Posts

I have stated twice now that the sec challenge (miss state/tenn) is tough. I said that earlier. They are the only hard two games. Miss state is obviously stronger than tenn, but both are legit. Look at others? UTRGV?

9. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Our game with Miss State is the game associated with the Big 12/SEC Challenge. The Tennessee game was scheduled by Aston.

As my final post on this thread (hopefully), I’m disappointed Chaz is no longer at Texas. I wish her the best and hope she achieves her full potential at another program.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

No coach is going to recruit/sign a player knowing that player won’t fit their system just to keep her from another team - maybe Mulkey, her pettiness seems to have no bounds.

The reality is that no one, not even the coaches or Chaz, are going to be able diagnose precisely why the fit didn’t work. We nor they can perceive exactly what the other person is thinking or experiencing. I was very excited about Chaz and her potential but it did not work out. The best we can all do is hope that she finds the right situation and thrives.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Let me get this straight. It is okay for you to "insult" Coach Aston by describing her recruiting as "incompetent", but when I use the same word (which you introduced into this thread) to describe your logic, I am the one doing the insulting and breaking board rules? Way to play the victim card. Don't be such a hypocrite.

And, accusing her of hoarding players so they don't end up at Baylor or A&M? Seriously? Where did you pull that one out of? Tough to believe you are a fan of the program with comments like those . . .

• Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  12. Oakman

Oakman Guest

To HScoachtx I don’t know you but can tell you are very close to Patterson so I understand your frustration as well as hurt you are going through fact is that over the last four years the transfer rate especially in women’s basketball has skyrocketed for every team. Ezpinoza who can shoot left Uconn for whatever her reasons are and is now at Miss. St so does that make Geno a bad guy or bad coach? Of course not. KA not a good coach? I completely disagree with you, if you trace back through history of great coaches I bet they had great players to help them win. KA is in the process of bringing in championship caliber players with that pedigree but what’s hard in the women’s game is most run to the same schools only in recent history are we seeing a change in that trend. There is a process in building a winning culture so I would say to Texas fans is be patient I think Texas has final 4 written all over them. I don’t agree with talking negative about a young player on a blog especially when you get the advantage of hiding your identity not fair or mature . I’m probably just rambling right now but I honestly find you offensive so I apologize to anyone on this thread if I offended you

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

False. You can't use a word like "never" as there are no absolutes in recruiting. You don't know all the reasons why those head coaches offered the players they recruited; everyone had made recruiting mistakes.

And, more importantly, no one with credibility has gone on record to say that the reason Chasity left was because she didn't feel she fit into the system.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The same UTRGV which Baylor will be playing this season?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  15. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

There are many instances of players leaving programs and almost as many situations/factors that people speculate caused it. For a recent example, I haven't heard a plausible reason why the Baylor starting point guard left.....now that is truly baffling to those on the outside. "Most" on this forum are Horns fans. We want to see the players succeed. I'll bet ALL (player/coaches/family/fans/etc.) wish the Patterson situation turned out differently. I am moving on and away from all the toxic posts......it depresses me. I'll be in Denton tomorrow night rooting for all the players...…….. and the team will play with those that choose to participate. I will provide my "fair and biased" game summary later that night when I get back. Hook Em

• Like Like x 4
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, here's a different perspective. For those who are familiar with Jamie Carey, she was a very driven Longhorn PG who spoke her mind to her new teammates from the get-go, despite being a transfer from Stanford (and the state of Colorado). She always struck me as a very vocal and no-nonsense player; so, I am assume she is the same way as an assistant coach at Texas.

I find it very hard to believe that Coach Carey, who I assume was Chasity's position coach, isn't involved with the decisions as to when guards come into a game off the bench, and how many minutes they see action. She probably spends more time with the guards than anyone else on the coaching staff. So, perhaps she had provided Coach A with her opinions as to guard management off the bench on Thursday night.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  17. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Bye Felecia

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

19. seanzozo

seanzozo 25+ Posts

You seem to be having some difficulty reading the schedule. We also have a tourney, the Gulf Coast Showcase. If teams play to their rankings, we should see Missouri (#16) and Duke (#21). 4 non-conference games against top 25 teams is generally the most that good teams from real conferences schedule. From a quick look, this year ND has 4, Uconn 4, Oregon 2, Baylor 4, Louisville 1, MS St 3, Stanford 2, Oregon St 2, MD 2, USC 3. But as a knowledgeable coach, you would know that, Right?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

There's an old internet meme that says every flame war on the internet ends up with one person calling the other either a Nazi or Hitler.

Maybe we should just have a set of preset posts and counter-posts already drafted where we fill in the player's names when one announces that they are transferring out.

Seems to me we don't need one when a player transfers in. Heh.

She didn't dump me, I broke up with her first!

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Oakman, you wrote that Espinoza left UConn for whatever her reasons are. From some Geno quotes I read, he practically ran her out of town. I don't remember them verbatim, but he was really denigrating to her. No other coach could ever get away with that. I appreciate Karen's professionalism, even if I sometimes question a few choices she makes.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Oakman

Oakman Guest

Being from the Northeast and having relationships with her aau team there were many rumors on what happened but not my place to comment or give my opinion my only point was kids are transferring at a very high rate from every school so why would someone feel the need to point out KA in a negative light. Btw I am In total agreement that Geno is the only coach who can make those disparaging comments and get away with it

• Like Like x 3
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I think there are a few others who could get away with it - Vanderveer (wouldn't), McGraw (wouldn't), Mulkey (probably) and Walz (depends on how angry he is in the moment).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  24. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Alright enough chatter about who, what, where, when, why, how.

Let's think about some other questions.
    Who needs a PG?
    Will she get immediate eligibility, NCAA waiver?
    Will she leave the big 12?
    Who was on her top 5 list?

Looks like she also considered UCLA and OU. I could see her being another Jordin Canada for UCLA. Speedy guard with a 3 pointer. She reminds me of Danielle Robinson and Aaryn Ellenberg at OU.

But OMG, what if she stays in the Big 12 and heads north on 35 to you guest it, Baylor. They need a pg and an outside threat.

What if Vic wants her at MsSt? Another itty bitty ice in her vains bracket buster.

What it Tina takes her. Rebuilds VA with her. Hmmm.

This is just FUN speculation. I have know idea.

O one more. Jeff Walz at Louisville. I can see him working with her. He likes 3 point PG. Think of Schimmel.

O and then coach Joni at GA. She's building quite the program at GA. I'm sure she could use her.

25. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I hope Chaz finds a place where her exceptional skill set can be fully evaluated and utilized... it would be fun to see her get into one of the better programs...and one that would afford her the opportunity to face Karen Aston regularly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Has anybody considered that there might be non-basketball reasons for her departure? Academics? Homesick? All the comments seem to blame Aston for mishandling. May be true, may not.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

And isn’t it entirely possible that this was a mutually agreed situation? You’re not happy. We’re not happy. Something may eventually come out to appease our curiosity, but it’s not likely. Programs, as everyone here knows, don’t typically speak of these things, much to the chagrin of fans.

As sad as it is that this didn’t pan out for both athlete and program, a scholarship door has opened. The decision, the damage, or whatever one wants to call it has been done/made. Who do we have a shot at signing?

• Like Like x 3
  28. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Players ride the bench for a reason. Who knows what it was with Chas but I wish her well.

Destiny rode the bench last year and then completely transformed herself this summer and no more bench.

Then there is Charlie making an impact day one. You never know...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. HScoachhtx

HScoachhtx < 25 Posts

What’s poop is your team. And coach. Good win vs unt.

• Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  30. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

l’ll ask the question again. WTH was Aston thinking not playing a player of Chaz’s caliber. Especially when they don’t have anyone that can score on the perimeter outside of Lashann.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018