Chicken-Poop AD of the Week

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The Chicken :e-poo: AD of the week goes to the AD of a big-time football school who scheduled a real out-of-conference cupcake to pad their record. If you have other nominees for this illustrious award for any given week, please post them.

This week we go to Urbana-Champaign, where U of Illinois' AD, Josh Whitman, has scheduled a real non-conference softy to pad their record. New Coach Bielema will lead the Mighty Illini against Charlotte. Nothing like getting a few easy wins under your belt before you play the meat of your B1G schedule. This game will be a sure chance for the U of I faithful to shout their "Oskie Wow Wows" and watch the Illini slaughter a hapless opponent. And don't try to justify it by pointing to Charlotte's non-impressive win over Gardner-Webb earlier this season... The fans don't seem to care for it, as tickets to this great matchup are selling as low as $5.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Last week's winner:

"This week, we go up North to B1G country, where Penn State's Sandy Barbour wins the illustrious Chicken-:e-poo: AD of the week award for scheduling Villanova:

[​IMG]
    Penn State's Sandy Barbour
    Winner of the inaugural Chicken-:e-poo: AD of the week award

Barbour edged out Ohio State's Gene Smith, who scheduled Akron."

Also note, that Miami's AD got away with scheduling CENTRAL Connecticut last week! (that one was so bad it flew under my radar)

• Like Like x 1
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Nah, winner of the year is the mighty Bama playing Mercer. I still can’t get that out of my head.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The SEC teams are spared this indignity, this week and last, because they're playing conference games now. However, aTm scheduled a certain small school further down the Brazos Valley later in the year. They may get their award week, in due time...

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, Chop, but that award has been retired as no one can match Gladchuk at Annapolis for being a lying, chickenshit son of a *****. All of your selections are excellent but are runnerup to that sorry excuse for a human being.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Ummmmmmmmmm, I think you may be missing the point. It's not a thread about who is the biggest POS AD. It's a week-by-week award for a big football school AD that scheduled the lowliest non-conference cupcake for that week.

[​IMG]

7. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

For instance, while Gladchuk left much to be desired while at UH*, Navy is playing UCF this week. Illinois scheduled lowly Charlotte for this week's game...

In theory, if CDC puts a total cupcake on the schedule, he could possibly win it some week in the distant future.

*was Gladchuk the guy responsible for the rickety temporary grandstands that time we played UH on the road?

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

YES, but more importantly, he is the subhuman who signed Houston up with three different sales outlets so that three different people were sold the same seats for our game.

• WTF? WTF? x 3
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Ahhhhhh…

Well then, Gladchuk gets the all time POS AD award. Scheduling patsies is one thing. Ticket fraud is another.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

My anger is beyond that, but it was funny because they tried to move a little 80+ year old man from seats two rows in front of us, and he laid down on bench and tried to tie himself down with his belt.

He also needed coaching help at another location, called up one of the few friends he HAD and promised him if he would come take a coordinator position, he would fire the HC and promote him to HC after the season. Instead, Gladchuk fired all of them leaving his friend high and dry. Fortunately, the NFL was immediately on line one.

Turned out Gladchuk had it all planned out before his friend took the job. Friends don't do that **** to friends.

• Hot Hot x 1
  11. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

I went to that game. I will forever HATE cougar high for that mess. Just chicken sh7t. We could have played at the dome or for that matter in Austin but houston wanted to impress. crazy mess.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yeah, I had forgotten about that fiasco vs. UH. Didnt Dodds roast UH and Gladfuck in the media - said UT would not schedule UH again as long as he was AD?

• Like Like x 3
  13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Are we SURE this was not Charlotte thinking THEY were scheduling the patsy?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So Whitman definitely earned the Chicken poop award
    but the team earns its' own poop award by only winning by 10

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Not much out there this week.

But...........

:mizzou: VS UNT

Desiree Reed-Francois, AD, U. of Missouri.

Missouri continues the SEC tradition of scheduling non-conference cupcakes by inviting North Texas to town. Nothing like bolstering a W-L record like playing UNT at home. Note, Missou whipped Southeast Missouri State earlier in the year, so this is not the first cupcake they've played. And no offense to the UNT affiliated folks, but the Eagles aren't SEC material, and this is the best I've found this week--there wasn't much to work with due to the fact that most teams are playing conference games. 1-3 UNT lost to UAB 40-6, and their sole win this year was against Northwestern State (of Louisiana)... SMU whipped this UNT team 35-12.

Desiree Reed-Francois doesn't get a pass for being noticeably more attractive than the typical athletic director. Sorry Francois, you've got to put some meat on the Tigers non-conference plate. Cupcakes are for desert.

[​IMG]
    Desiree Reed-Francois -- probably flying on the Missou chartered jet to New England to work out the details of some coveted future matchups with Central Connecticut and U. of Maine.
    Winner of this week's Chicken :e-poo: AD of the week award.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

She was hired as AD 2 months ago and had nothing to do with scheduling this game.

• Hot Hot x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

IDE
    Don't poop on Chop's Poop of the week.

• poop poop x 1
  18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

She’s the successor. It’s hers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Hilarious thing is Missouri only won this by 13.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

She looks kinda hot. Can we give her a pass?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Nothing really popped up and grabbed my eye this week, probably because teams are in the meat of their conference schedules. The brave AD's across the land scheduled worthy opponents. No chickening out this week.

• Like Like x 1
  22. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Wow. I dig the civil disobedience from the elder Horn. That was the week after 9/11, right? I was at that game.

23. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Some people didn't like it, but keeping Tech on the schedule is decidedly un-chicken-poop. After beginning SEC play, our schedule is going to be must-see TV.

• Like Like x 1
  24. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

I still don’t understand the SEC scheduling cupcake out of conference games midway and later through the season. They seem to be the lone offenders in this regard. Like Alabama playing the mighty Citadel in week 10 or whatever

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

I was there as well. Seem to remember it was an all time performance for BJ Johnson

• Like Like x 1
  26. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

I think you're right. It was a close game at half. There were a few rumblings about putting Major in, but Simms ended up putting together a good second half.

27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

f the haters!

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Arkansas playing Arkansas-Pine Bluff today for some reason. You'd never see us playing UTSA at the end of October.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yes indeed!

Hunter Yurachek, Arkansas AD wins the chicken poop AD of the week award for scheduling mighty Arkansas—Pine Bluff for an easy W.

Is it pork, or is it chicken???

:ark:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Whether pork or chicken, it’s a cupcake for dessert.