Chicken-Poop AD of the Week

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Oct 1, 2021.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Contestants in the mix this week...

BYU (20 point favorites vs Georgia Southern)
    Kentucky (36 point favorites vs New Mexico State)
    LSU (29 point favorites vs UL-Monroe)
    Tennessee (27 point favorites vs South Alabama)

and sneaking in...

Central Florida giving 30 points to Connecticut

Not sure I would count Army (-37.5) vs Massachusetts since nobody ever accused either school of really being relevant in the past mumble-something years. This may be a game required as some sort of reason for Bunker Hill.

2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Conference games don’t count.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

There are many chickens in the coop this week, but aTm takes it by scheduling Prairie View A&M. FanDuel gives the aggies a 99.5% chance of winning.

4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’m seeing a repeat finalist in BYU.

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Meh...I actually liken a game of that nature to a recruiting bowl...same as the LSU game. It is in-state and the marginal players for the larger school are probably also considering the smaller school.

And, it allows those in the Tacklebox to see a real performing band...

6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I couldn’t think of two more different bands. The aggies will most definitely lose halftime on Saturday.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I reached out to Circa on the line for aggy...it will be posted tomorrow since it is considered an "extra" game. I will post it as soon as I see it...

• Hot Hot x 1
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Georgia scheduled Charleston Southern.
    :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

They’re lucky there is a Texas A&M.

Smells like SEC. I hope we don’t schedule like this when we join up with those Easterners.

9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

UNC and Mack take on Wofford this Saturday.

Dang, there’s chicken sh!t and cupcakes all over the schedule this week.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

He spent over 15 years here and never got to play his biggest rivals, so once he was back at UNC he probably made getting that game on the schedule his #1 priority.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Hey, don't underestimate those W-sips...remember, winning can be really hard. Mack might actually have to have starters in the game all the way into the second quarter...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Make no mistake about it, Mack "King of Statistics" Brown will have certain people in the game, particularly in the red zone , to pad their stats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yeah really.

What are NC State, Wake, and Duke good for, when you have Wofford as a big rival.

:rolleyes1:

14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The Terriers are nippy. They’re quick and they have a strong bark for their size. Mack had bettter watch out, or they’ll pee all over him. And maybe hump his leg. Oh the humiliation.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Texas will surely have to schedule an OOC game at this time of year once in the SEC. I sure hope it's Rice not Prairie View.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

A&M scheduled PV because of political pressure. They annually bring in a patsy and dump $1 - 1.5 million on them. As part of the A&M system, pressure was brought to pay that money back into "the system". Remember UTEP when the Baylor alum from El Paso was Chairman of our BOR?

As for the future, it has already been announced that we will play Tech annually. Our relationship with Rice will insure they are on the schedule multiple times a decade.

FWIW, Rice has always been "married" to Baylor College of Medicine. Joke has been that there a pneumatic tube under Main & Fannin to send students from Rice to Baylor. Baylor is not slipping, but rather on a rapid downhill slide, which is being watched as Rice may want a stronger relationship with UT Health Science Center next door to Baylor.

17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Well then...

Coming soon in future schedules:

Texas A&M vs Tarlton State, aTm-Commerce, and aTm-Corpus Christi.

On edit, a cursory review of past schedules doesn't show a&m playing any system schools since they beat Prairie View 67-0 back in 2016.

18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Lines are in...

aggy game is 44.5
    fighting Mack Browns giving 38.5

• Hot Hot x 1
  19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    :arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    "Say BAAAAAAAHHHHHHH like a sheep boy! You are at Texas A and M!"

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

"But Prairie View is 7-2. They're no cupcake. No cupcakes on this schedule at all..."
    :atm:

[​IMG]
    :arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    League-recommended non-conference schedule options for SEC teams.

21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And Mississippi State is playing Tennessee State. Not the Volunteers. Tennessee STATE.

This could be an all time scheduling week for the SEC.

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Mack Rhoades—Baylor

scheduled Albany as the Bears first week opponent. (Also the Bears first weak opponent…)

:bu:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Dan Radakovich—Miami was in the hunt for scheduling Bethune-Cookman.

:miami:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wait until next year when our parking is at the Bessemer Steel plant and our seats are folding chairs in front of a 19" black & white TV in the Mercedes plant parking lot 15 miles from Bryant-Denehy Stadium.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  28. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

South Ez never fills up. Move ticket holders there and put them in the EZ seats east or west or heck put them in the upper deck EZ on either side but let them come. I agree it’s bush.

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It is in the contract Texas and Bama both signed. How is it handled at other top schools with packed stadiums?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

BA
    Which do you think should have priority for tix to a Texas game?

I bet if you checked you'd find the same policy at many schools with sold out stadiums.
    Remember it is Alabama who decided who their tix would go to.