'Child Witch Hunter' Helen Ukpabio Coming to Texas

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by jcdenton, Jan 17, 2012.

1. jcdenton

jcdenton 250+ Posts

I really hope the Houston community--religious and non-religious alike--takes a stand (non-violently) against this person's message of hatred and violence.

From the Christian Post:

“She is coming to spread the gospel of hate and witch hunts in the U.S. Ukpabio's mission is not good for America. Her evangelism is not good for children in the U.S.,” Igwe alleged. “Her church--the Liberty Foundation Gospel Ministries--is notorious for spreading the dangerous idea that children can be witches and that children can harm family and community members in the name of witchcraft. She conducts exorcism for alleged witches which often involves torture, inhuman and degrading treatment.”

"(Ukpabio) professes that she is a former witch who turned to Christianity and eventually founded Liberty Foundation Gospel Ministries, which serves to “deliver people from witchcraft attacks.” Her sermons and teachings target supposed witches and wizards, mainly children, whom she claims are sometimes possessed by Satan. Igwe elaborated in an email to The Christian Post that Ukpabio’s “gospel of hate” has caused thousands of children in Nigeria and other parts of Africa to suffer discrimination, violence, torture and death."
    The Link

Ukpabio will be in Houston from March 14-25 and protest efforts are currently being organized. Anyone can help by donating to Stepping Stones Nigeria, a charity which is actively combating the atrocities of Ukpabio and others like her by providing abandoned children with education, healthcare, clothing, counselling, refuge and protection:
    The Link

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Has she ever defined exactly what a witch is and how one goes about establishing it? That seems like an important fundamental point here because I don’t know what a witch is.

3. jcdenton

jcdenton 250+ Posts

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

5. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

she will never catch me...

6. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts