Chip Brown vs John Sharp

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Mr. Fiesta, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Most of this did not happen

3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Chip Brown is a terrible reporter with no qualms about outright making stuff up, only silver lining here is that he is doing it to aggy right now and they get to deal with his jackassery.

4. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

I let my OB sub lapse when I moved to Taiwan and haven't felt the need to renew since returning. I do recall most of those news reports from Chip and the resultant fallout. Have I missed much else since Summer '14?

• Like Like x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

No.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Odd thing is listening to him on the radio, his opinions and analyses are usually sensible. Even his defense against Sharp was reasonable. Maybe if he just stuck to the commenting and quit the speculation, he could be a quality sports guy.

7. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Oh, he comes up with plausible stories. Almost every story he has ever "broke" has made sense at the time. It just turns out that after the fact he had it all wrong. Or, if he got it right in the end, it just went down nothing like he thought. And since everything happens behind closed doors he can always blame "sources".

If he would admit he was just speculating and making educated guesses, he'd be tolerable. But the "sources tell me" thing is old.

I also think he doesn't know the difference between "sources" and "forces". Like when he scooped Mack on his own "retirement". He was just being someone's "useful idiot".

• Like Like x 1
  8. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

When Sharp responded to chip, why did he put the word roommates in quotation marks when referring to him and aggy-cheerleader turned governor Rickie Perry?...hmmmm

• Like Like x 1
  9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

A lot of posts about sharp and perry maybe were or were not roommates....

Who cares? Why does it matter? Does John Sharp run the UT system? Does it undue all the other Chip Brown lies? I fail to see why anyone cares.

They also ran against each other for lieutenant governor that perry won in a close race. Perry appointed Sharp to head the A&M system. But it matters if they were roommates or if chip or sharp are lying about being roommates? Chip is still a dishonest scumbucket either way and sharp may or may not be a lying about being roommates, but why do any longhorns care if sharp is or is not lying about being roommates?

Really we should only care about being weary of chip brown writing his next bogus smear piece on Strong, Smart, Augie, or anything else relating to UT.

10. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

It's not that I care. Like I said, it's some funny stuff right there. By the way, I don't care what chip brown writes about UT either...

11. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

LOL, I could see them laying prone on the bed together, their jackboots in the air, talking about sabres and having pillow fights.

• Like Like x 2