Chow down

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by shakahorn, Jan 15, 2008.

1. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

To me, this sounds like more good news.

2. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

Chow's sister-in-law lives in Austin. Supposedly they are close. [​IMG]

3. skyranger43

skyranger43 100+ Posts

It looks like the Titans decided that VY was more of their future than Norm Chow. It was clear the 2 together weren't on the same page. I think Chow is a good OC, but just not one Vince needs to advance his game. It wouldn't hurt either if they would get him some top notch receivers.

4. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

Great news for the Tennessee Titans. Horrible news for their opponents' defenses.

5. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

6. runthebone

runthebone 100+ Posts

I guess it wasn't Fisher who wanted the run-run-pass offense.

7. RoughedUpSuspect

RoughedUpSuspect 100+ Posts

8. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Good, Vince just needs to play better next season.

9. BigOHorn

BigOHorn 100+ Posts

I agree that the Titans need to be better on offense but i honestly don't see how you can expect any more than they accomplished this year when you let 3 starting receivers and your starting running back go and then blame the OC????? come on

I'm not saying he didn't need to be fired for other reasons but i think he and vince did about as good as can be expected considering the front office BS moves.

10. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

Reports abound on the Tennessee boards that Phil Jackson may be brought in to replace Chow. And Scottie Pippen will be brought in at wide reciever.

[​IMG]

11. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

In the 2nd half of the San Diego game, I don't think Vince rolled outside the pocket one time. That is a coaching issue, and beyond stupid.

Vince Young passing between the tackles with horrid receivers is not much of a threat. [​IMG]

12. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

That tool Cowherd was going off this morning on how it wasn't Chow that was the problem, it's Vince Young and how he sucks, etc. How is this guy even given his own show? [​IMG]

13. 4realhorn

4realhorn 500+ Posts

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

^ Exactly. Being a good runner at QB doesn't mean one is good at throwing on the run. Vince is a lot better throwing from the pocket than while on a rollout.

15. PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS 100+ Posts

Vince needs better receivers.

That said, he's not a coach killer, because A) He went 8-4 and 10-6 his first 2 season, better than Leinart or Cutler as a starter. B) His team made the playoffs and played close against a good Chargers team. C) His head coach is still in Tennessee. To kill a coach, you have to kill a HC, not get a coordinator who had no previous NFL experience.

But who do you think would is a better college OC: Norm Chow or Greg Davis? They both have 1 title in the last decade...

16. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

17. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

Although he may not pass quite as well on the run, the reason having some designed rollouts is a good idea is because Vince is such a threat to run that it makes it more difficult to defend. If he's standing in the pocket you know his first intention is to throw. If he's rolling out you don't know if his first intention is to throw or run. He can then pick and choose based on how the defense reacts.

Not to mention the fact that I believe it's easier to find gaps to run into on the perimeter where things are less crowded than in a pocket with people collapsing around you.

18. Turd of Doom

Turd of Doom 250+ Posts

Vince is going to go beserk next season.

19. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

When you roll VY out the pocket the defense adapts probably more quickly than with other QBs rolling out the pocket. The linebacks start coming up, the safeties hold their place depending on their coverage and the receivers have more holes to exploit. When VY stays in the pocket the defense can resume coverage because he is neutralized as a running threat. Break him out the pocket, give him 4 receiver sets, give him an empty backfield, mix it up! Utilize all of his tools.

20. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

I know it's early in the year, but nominate this for Thread Title of the Year.

Coach Mangina seconds it. [​IMG]