Christian Persecution

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, May 7, 2019.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. But they aren't planning a military take over either. They just want to win some local elections.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't doubt that you can find a nut in any denomination and of course many nuts of no denomination. However, you suggested that evangelicals in general would commit acts of violence if they thought they could get away with it. I don't see much evidence of that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Gotta move this Scottish Nicola Sturgeon controversy over here. This Forbes chick is taking major heat. Link. To be clear, she has not called on any laws enforcing her religious beliefs on anyone. She is taking heat for no reason other than an unwillingness to publicly renounce them. She is a Scottish nationalist and generally of the left, but she's a Christian who won't renounce her religion, so that's too much for the crackpots in her country.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

How can she be a leftist? Or is the left different in Scotland?

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Solidly ok with welfare, supports Scottish nationalism.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I listened to part of her interview. She is well grounded. She would NEVER get elected as a Dem here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

Again, not sure how I feel about the "He Gets Us" campaign. But seriously????

'Bait and switch': Minister slams Hobby Lobby founder's 'He Gets Us' ads (msn.com)

This is the "pastor" they interviewed: "Goodwin, a progressive, Black, and openly queer minister who preaches in Bloomfield, Connecticut."

And what he says: "This approach to sharing faith can lead folks to feel violated, abused, and most of all can cause irreparable harm and even death," Goodwin warned.

I missed the part in the ads where they were threatening death...... (And the other stuff)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  8. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Or any American city of sizable population with the sex in marriage only comments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I found this part to be worse:

The Super Bowl ads, which highlighted Jesus as a "refugee" who "confronted racism with love," first appeared to be "a breath of fresh air," wrote Goodwin, a progressive, Black, and openly queer minister who preaches in Bloomfield, Connecticut. "However, the funders of this invitation are the same folks who promote anti-LGBT legislation, a denial of women’s rights to their own bodies, the campaigns of clear white supremacists, and the evangelical church."

Good grief. :brickwall:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That place has fought wars, real wars, over religion. Do they expect her to fold?

11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And speaking of Sturgeon (a caviar fish by the way), she makes a good point. (True) liberals are not supposed to be illiberal. That's a contradiction that should explode their heads. I would expect (actual) liberals to strongly oppose illiberalism. That's what she's doing.

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Forbes made the point, not Sturgeon.

13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Then Steve Forbes gets the caviar.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That Scotland is long gone. The country is now dominated by the Scottish National Party, which has built a big coalition committed to Scottish independence (though it wants to join the EU and Eurozone). It has strength all over, but it's real power is in the big cities, which are dominated God-haters and perverts - much like US cities but more radical.

I think you meant Forbes. Sturgeon is the woke, tyrannical c**t who's resigning. But your point is right. They are the most illiberal people in Western politics.

And as much flack as I give Sturgeon, one of the candidates to replace her is much worse. It's a guy named Humza Yousaf, who's a crazy, hyper-woke Muslim. Basically, it's like electing Ilhan Omar as governor.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Wasn’t there a mid 20th century UK prime minister from Scotland who was very left of center. A big labor guy. Maybe “MacDonald”???

Scotland was where capitalism was born. Maybe post war malaise and the rise of unions flipped the place.

16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Religion wise, historically the Lowlands and Borders (together the big majority of Scots) trended towards Calvinism. The Presbyterian church is (or at least was) Calvinist. The Highlands had some of that, but many clans remained Catholic.

And there was massive back and forth persecution. (Of both sorts of Christians up there).

17. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Man, I totally forgot about that song, The Lord's Army! Shows how terrible of a Crusader I'd be.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He wasn't from Scotland, but Harold Macmillan was Scottish.

19. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

"God haters"
    This is such a strange term to me
    What does it mean? Are you talking about those who don't share the Christian beliefs?

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not at all. Obviously, anyone who's religious isn't a God-hater. It has nothing to do with being a Christian. In addition, those who aren't religious but respect religious liberty aren't God-haters. It's a pretty narrow group, but they're pretty common among big city SNPers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

And they are vocally dismissive, getting all the media attention they want
    Which masks how many there may actually be

22. Facing Addiction

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  23. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah but those 3 ladies were blaspheming the regime's secular religion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Facing Addiction

25. Facing Addiction

26. Facing Addiction

End legalized persecution of baker Jack Phillips - Washington Times

Mr. Scardina called and ordered the “transgender” cake on June 26, 2017 — not so coincidentally the same day the Supreme Court announced that it would hear Jack’s first case. As a Christian who believes that God created us, either male or female, Jack declined.

While Mr. Phillips’ first case was underway, Mr. Scardina called the shop again and asked to order several types of custom cakes, including one that would have depicted Satan smoking a joint.

27. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Since the US Supreme Court already heard Jack's case and ruled in his favor, why are the lower courts ignoring that? (I know it's because they don't like the ruling.) Those kind of judges should be jailed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  28. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Mr. Scardina should be jailed along with them.

29. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Probably so; however I'd be okay with Scardina owing Phillips a LOT of cash for each harassment before incarceration. A LOT means Scardina would be bankrupt before you know it, then he can go to jail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts