Chron: Small-town Ash under pressure

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BigEarlinBastrop, Apr 6, 2012.

1. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

2. Longtex

Longtex 100+ Posts

Pressure? Pfffftt... at least he didn't have to grow up listening to tales of standing on the sideline watching his team lose five Superbowls...

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I can't wait till September.

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

You can tell it's the off-season when a couple of one-sentence quotes turn into a 15-inch article rehashing the same old stuff. Usually you don't waste half an article this short describing all the ways a guy can watch TV. I was hoping this might actually be a NEW article.

5. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

That story started out good but went nowhere

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

The most informative part of the article was that he had no cable TV at home. I guess his dad figured if he can't get the LHN, why bother.

7. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

Mike is a good sportswriter, but that was not his best piece of all time.

8. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

What Texas quarterback is not under pressure?

The only one that never felt pressure has to be The Major!!!! [​IMG]

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would say Gardere probably didn't feel much pressure, since there was only one year he started when we weren't supposed to suck going into the season. [​IMG]

10. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

Colt was from a small town and it didn't faze him.

11. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I think there was boatload of pressue on Colt going into 2009!!!!! It looked like he felt it at times in 2009......

12. tony3487

tony3487 100+ Posts

"I guess his dad figured if he can't get the LHN, why bother. "

ahhh, I see what you did there!
    [​IMG]

13. goyale

goyale < 25 Posts

The Link

Real Madrid Manager Jose Mourinho's thoughts on pressure.

14. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

One thing that helps me believe Ash will be successful is he seems to be a cool presence in the huddle. For a freshman, he didn't get too high or too low even during the interceptions last year. He also took his benching in the last few games in stride and it was the right thing to do to put in Case.

But I think Ash looks more ready to be a starter now than he did months ago.

15. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

I watched him quite a bit his senior year at Belton and was impressed then the way he handled himself on the field. Never let the dropped passes, missed blocks and such get under his skin. Just picked up and went on with the next play. Have a feeling this kid is going to impress before it's all said and done.

16. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

I agree about Ash's psyche. It appears he never gets rattled and I really like that quality in a QB. Ash will lead this team this year! [​IMG]

17. nwking

nwking 250+ Posts

He was a true freshman last year handed a nearly impossible situation. This fall, he will be prepared, have a strong grip on the offense, more physical strength, confidence and supporting cast to run an effective offense.

As far as small town kid and pressure, I don't buy it. He played Texas High School football. There is always pressure. Especially as the QB!