Chuba Hubbard is really mad at Mike Gundy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by EDT, Jun 15, 2020.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Who knew that HOCKEY would be the big draw in August and September...

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Some of those same loons keep pointing to a lawsuit filed by a former OAN employee...they ALWAYS seem to neglect that the jury rejected the Petitioner's claims of racist conduct.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If anyone thinks Hubbard knew there was an OAN two weeks ago, or found it by accident, I would like to talk to you about investing in one of the following:

Fertilizer in West Texas - See also Billy Sol Estes

Stock insurance companies - great management team led by Ben Jack Cage

Bank of Sark stock - great management team led by Clifford & Paul No, aka, the infamous Drs No

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Sabre, is it too late to get in on that Sharpstown thing?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not to go WestMall on you, but Sharpstown was a vendetta by the FDIC and feds. The bank had plenty of bonds to sustain the run, plus Bob Lanier was standing there with a cashier's check to infuse capital. The bank should have never closed. Moral - don't invest when the Feds hate the business.

The three I posted the feds never understood and are to lazy to check on.

BTW, Tennessee real estate is another good one since virtually every property in Tennessee has two deeds.

6. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

You refreshed my memory.

7. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Wallace was a Democrat so he gets a pass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I was wondering about that...this Savings and Loan thing sounds FAN-EFFING-TASTIC!

9. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Yes and he repudiated his former racist behavior before he died and became a force for integration and racial equality. But he ran for President as an independent.

I wonder how many commenting here now defending white privilege will achieve that before they also pass?

• poop poop x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Who is defending "white privilege"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SlothHorn

SlothHorn 25+ Posts

I'm with some of y'all. Four months ago, I would have never imagined losing excitement over an upcoming season of football. That's especially true when we got to the point at which sports began to shut down. I'm now of the mind that I just about don't give 2 F's what happens.
    I immediately turn off radio.com the second my local sports talk show hosts begin speaking about anything remotely political.
    I've turned off a couple of live sporting events when they became political.
    Hell, the other day I wanted to watch something on ESPN. I got so annoyed at the crawler - NO I don't care what Lebron James has to say - that I taped over the bottom of the screen.
    I think many of us have opened our eyes as to what's really important - family, friends, general well-being, and it's going to be much easier to tune out the sports world come Aug/Sept.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. 2003TexasGrad

These athletes and sports organizations want revenue and advertising dollars? They aren't going to do that by deciding to be political activists and pissing off half their audience by pontificating. And it's not just a bunch of old white men getting pissed off. There are plenty of people in their twenties and thirties and forties that are die hard sports fans but don't wanna hear this crap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

So Chuba and his buddies wanted crap music with bad words, calling women *******, and probably the N word in them, asses hanging out of pants, Du-rags, etc...but Gundy can't wear a news network shirt unless its CNN........WOW....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. 2003TexasGrad

It helps me to understand how the DPRK and People's Republic of China can have those names and literally have nothing to do with democracy and people are oblivious to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

One of my biggest gripes is with Herman. He made the Floyd murder about racism, when he doesn't have a f****** clue as to why that man killed Floyd. He then went to the media with this bull**** idea that UT fans are racists who only care about players during the 90 minutes of the game, and not willing to let their daughters date football players. I have a question for him ? Do the players give a **** about fans other than wanting them to cheer for them ? Herman himself tells his players nothing and nobody matters outside that locker room..... I think he should be fired with cause...What kind of a representative to the University is he ???? Fire him before you remove anything or change anything else.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Looks like Chuba blinked. Maybe an adult talked to him. Go figure...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I’m all for cancelling 2020 and maybe 2021. The NFL is about to experience its worst financial year ever and it’s downhill from there. Until there is a rest of sports without politics, it’s done.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

That's what it comes down to. I don't want my barber, or doctor, or mechanic telling me their politics while they do their job. I didn't go there for that. We watch sports for entertainment. Do your job. How many posters here can bring their politics into work, or criticize (publicly) their boss, and expect to keep your jobs? Your job is to play football and receive a top-flight full ride education from the school that gave you the opportunity to do so. Shut up and do your job while you still have one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. 2003TexasGrad

If I expressed my views publicly I'd be cancelled in no time flat and would probably have to move. That's how insane this is.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Burnt, is white privilege responsible for the black on black crime epidemic in this country?

Is white privilege the reason that about 7 out 10 black kids grow up without a father?

Is white privilege the reason that the abortion rate in black inner cities is off the charts?

The problems facing the black community today — and since the 60s — has nothing to do with so called white privilege.

Until people stop ignoring the elephant in the room and making excuses like white privilege, nothing will change.

C’MON MAN. Can we get real?

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  21. 2003TexasGrad

And in all those cities they've been electing Democrats to save them for decades. The definition of insanity.....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  22. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

This actually is the best point. If anyone at my company began espousing political views to clients, right or left, republican or democrat, they would be canned. I never thought about this, but thank you for exposing a double standard.

I am becoming more and more convinced all athletes (white, black or otherwise), like movie stars and musicians, are becoming more and more pampered, spoiled and entitled.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Entire Oklahoma State Team To Boycott Season After Mike Gundy Seen In NCAA Shirt

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I see Gundy was forced to actually apologize
    And now FSU joins the woke
    A$M is being held up by Kellen Mond
    Sports are done
    Time to download Candy Crush

25. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I've gotten to the point I'd rather play super mario that watch this crap. I'm sure they have no idea they are killing a cash cow.

26. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I'd prefer to see more honorable gents playing the game anyway, even if they weren't as fast or talented.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Nearly ALL of the groups denouncing America and capitalism have no clue on what drives our economy or where the money comes from.
    Athletes are not alone in stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Whats next with this little woke *******? Someone suggested the following

” Ok guys we have the ball on the 20 yard line with 2 seconds to go and were down 5 points. I want to do the old ‘Statue of Liberty’ play to win the game”

“Oh hell no coach! Aint going to be doin no play for a white woman who never welcomed our people!”

“Ok then we will just whip it into the end zone for the old ‘Hail Mary’ pass!”

“Oh hell no coach. Thats be a violation of separation of church and state!”

“Well there aint nothing left but to take a knee, and lose the game!”

“Dat we can do coach!”

• Funny Funny x 4
  29. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

The BS answer, of course, would be that the way white people have treated black people, along with white, racist laws, is the reason for these things. Just like every other country gets away with criticizing the US because not is our so-called failed policies that have created their problems.

Obviously, I don't feel this way, just telling you what you will get as an answer.

30. SlothHorn

SlothHorn 25+ Posts

If the GD media would take a balanced approach and not fan the flames, a lot of this nonsense would stop. The encouragement to act like a spoiled-brat-3-year-old and stomp one's feet is only making things worse. Even if they disagree, most sensible people are perfectly open to discussing things that may hurt or offend others.
    ESPN practically gets an erection every time an athlete throws a tantrum, regardless of the intelligence of the tantrum or statement. And the bias shown in reporting the Drew Brees episode was disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1