Circumcision

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by HornOnTheBayou, Jan 21, 2008.

1. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

2. DCLonghorn8

DCLonghorn8 250+ Posts

3. Touchdown_Texas

Touchdown_Texas 500+ Posts

Interesting to see this topic, as I have a friend who's 28 and has been seriously thinking about getting it done for the very reason that goo and some others mentioned (looks/social). As far as I know, everyone else in our circle of friends is circumcised. Can't imagine how bad it would hurt to do it when you're older. Yeah the kid might cry, but this will spare him much grief later (if he decides to have it done then). I don't know a single person who is circumcised and wish they weren't. Not saying I think it's better one way or the other, just an interesting observation. I'd do if I have boys in a heartbeat, but I don't have any good justification that hasn't already been mentioned. Anybody here gotten it done later and have any advice/recommendations (doctors, procedure, recovery) to pass on, I'm sure my friend could use it.

4. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

In Korea, it's done around the age of 12 or 13. When a kid would have it done all the other kids would see his pants stuffed with gauze and take cheap shots on his package. A friend who was born here but moved back to Korea for grade school abused that fact to no end.

5. NameAlreadyInUse

NameAlreadyInUse 500+ Posts

I'm chiming in late this time, but I'll give the same advice I always give on this thread....

Cut is easier to clean, uncut is more fun to play with.

I get the best of both worlds because I'm cut and my boyfriend is uncut. All the fun with none of the headaches!

6. UT Spring Branch

UT Spring Branch 500+ Posts

the health reason was it got infected

7. beam,coke,&horns

beam,coke,&horns 100+ Posts

We had it done for our boy for many reasons already listed. I was in the room for the procedure and it was really no big deal. Doc numbed it up, and did the procedure. It took maybe 5 minutes and my son didn't even really wimper. Our Dr. is Dr. Seeker- who happens to be awesome, so maybe that is why it went so smoothly. But to call it barbaric, or to say they strap them down like animals is completely false.

8. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

For me it was an early way to establish discipline and control over my son. He knows who is boss.

9. other than what beamcokeandhorns said...

do y'all have any experience of the baby not having a local anesthetic or something?

10. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

11. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

If you are clean, it is clean.

As someone said before, its not hard to clean down there...and if you aren't then you probably aren't cleaning anywhere

12. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

13. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

14. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

soap and water

15. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

16. SubliminalHorn

17. RoundhouseKick

RoundhouseKick 250+ Posts

There are in fact protective and sexual functions to the foreskin, you can probably google it to get the info. Believe it or not, uncut guys on average both last longer AND have increased sensitivity. The research is there. And at the risk of banishment, this female has observed that uncut offers the superior experience. So removing something that's meant to be there -- amounting to cosmetic surgery on a baby penis under the pretense of statistically minute health concerns -- isn't justifiable IMO.

18. babysdaddy

babysdaddy 100+ Posts

(Pat Bateman) because I want to fit in (Pat Bateman)

A tad bit of trauma that he'll never remember or being teased in the lockerroom at 12-15 that will bother him for a long time? Easy decision, imo

Also, Roundhouse, that one paticular lover you had could have just been better at sex, not because he had an uncut dick.

19. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

20. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

I'd do it. Sure, the benefits are minimal, but a benefit is a benefit. You think STD's are bad now? Just wait another 10 - 20 years. Then we will really be ****** and need all the benefit we can get.

20 years ago, AIDS was just then catching steam. Look at it now. It scares me to think what will be out there in another 20.

21. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

It has nothing to do with religion. It is for health and cleanliness.

Uncircumcised has a fold of flesh that can and will trap bacteria and std's. If you are so obese you have fold of flesh, bacteria can set up in these folds if they are not cleaned and dried properly. The same will happen in the foreskin that covers the penis.

22. SubliminalHorn

Uh....just wash it. you know, soap and water? Works really well.

Oh and about the STD thing, if you're going to rely on that protecting you....well, I don't really know what to say to that.

If you want to cut your son, go ahead. If you don't want to, don't. I'm sure for most of humanity, uncut was the norm. We seem to have made it just fine up to this point.

23. tchookem

tchookem 25+ Posts

STD's? So you're cutting off part of his penis because he MIGHT have unprotected sex with unclean women.

Why not just cut off his pinky toe. He might sunbath and develop skin cancer on it.

As for the locker room... Why are they looking at his dong anyway?

24. RoundhouseKick

yeah, seriously, a LOT of willful ignorance on this thread. No doctor worth his/her degree will tell you that in the western world, circumcision gives a health benefit justifying the procedure. Also, the being made fun of thing will be greatly decreased with the generation coming up, because parents are rethinking this whole thing and circumsizing much less.

And not sure where the reference to my "one uncut lover" came from.....assumptions, you know.

25. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

i've never understood why people care about this issue so fervently. it's really not that big a deal to you what i do with my son in regards to this issue and likewise.

i never understood the proselytizing on this issue. it's comedic. this thread played out exactly like every other thread on this bbs in regards to this issue.

26. RoundhouseKick

I understand what you're saying Hayden. I can only speak for myself, but it's frustrating that people think the foreskin, which is not just skin but PART of the organ itself, serves no function! I mean, would it hurt people to research the physiology a little beyond "I want Junior to look like me?" I think that breast implants (surgery for no medical reason) is weak, so it makes sense I would extend this same concern for men. Plus, uncut is better. [​IMG]

27. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

Soap in the peehole is no fun.

28. SubliminalHorn

haha Cabo

That was a funny response to my soap preaching. [​IMG]

29. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

30. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

Hayden -

Your incredulity is silly.

We're talking about cutting off part of a baby's dick.

Why wouldn't people take that seriously?

I can also see it both ways. But to be surprised by the debate doesn't make sense.