Clapper Exonerates Trump Campaign from Allegations of Colluding with Russians

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by iatrogenic, Mar 5, 2017.

1. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Well, the big conspiracy should have come to an end today, but the Democrats and MSM repeatedly showed their hands on the Sunday "news" programs concerning their strategy. Matthew Dowd even said that Trump would not be able to do anything but deal with the Russian-Trump conspiracy crap for the "next twelve months". The strange reality that is Trump is going to hit the Dems and Media between the eyes once again, and yet another round of false hopes will be destroyed. The strategy of Democrats concocting a Trump-Russian conspiracy, and then screaming for an investigation of the conspiracy is a weak attempt to stop The Donald, but "any port in a storm" seems to apply.

To wit:

Clapper was also asked on "Meet the Press" if he had any evidence that the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russian government while the Kremlin was working to influence the election.

"Not to my knowledge," Clapper said, based on the information he had before his time in the position ended. (Which was January 20, 2017)

"We (NSA, FBI, CIA) did not include anything in our report … that had any reflect of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report," he said. "We had no evidence of such collusion."

When asked whether he still believes that Russians interfered in the U.S. election to help Donald Trump, Clapper said, "Yes, I do."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...lapper-i-can-deny-wiretap-trump-tower-n729261

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course, both can be true. There can be no evidence of collusion but be evidence that Russia interfered. What the media is trying to do is infer (without evidence), collusion, because interference is a concern, but it's not scandalous. Collusion obviously would be, but despite their best efforts to find some, so far they've got nothing.

What's remarkable is that the same media that rolled it's eyes about Benghazi when there was pretty conclusive proof of the Administration blatantly lying about it now draws all kinds of speculation from a far weaker case.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

These days, I don't find that remarkable at all. It's pretty much par for the course, I'd say.

4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Let's just face the facts that we know.

1) Hillary had a lot more money to spend in her campaign.
    2) Hillary had full support from the Dem Establishment.
    3) President Trump had no support from the Rep Establishment.
    4) Hillary had 95% of the media or MSM on her side with fake news.
    5) Polls trying to influence public opinion by putting out wrong numbers.
    6) Had paid protestors to start riots and violence at Trump rallies.
    7) Now BHO trying to hack the election.

And somehow President Trump still won by a large electoral vote. How bad of a candidate did Hillary have to be to some how not squeeze out a win with everything in her favor? Trump even spotted her more women votes by talking about grabbing P#$$Y.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts