Clash of the Titans....

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by EJC+1, Apr 5, 2010.

1. EJC+1

EJC+1 250+ Posts

Wow...just horribly bad film making....the material was there just bad execution with film making. It's right there with Transformers 2.

Erratic plot; plot holes; bad acting; so-so CGI; just bad everything.

Avoid at all costs.

2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

The first 30 minutes were so rushed, I could imagine the director thinking "maybe if we just go really fast, skim through this stuff and get to the action, no one will notice that the story doesn't make any sense!"

The whole premise didn't work. Man going to war with the gods, presumably for no better reason than that some guy could make a movie about it 2000 years later. They just said "because of the gods' cruelty"... but never really said what that was. Then you have Zeus - is he helping his son defeat the kracken? Is he releasing the kracken to destroy humanity? Did the writers just not figure out how to reconcile the two things so they just didn't bother to try? Who can say?

I have heard some people say there was an anti-God message or an anti-Christianity message, and my response was that the plot was so uneven, inconsistent and generally poorly written that I don't think you could really say WHAT themes they were trying to write.

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

They were in trouble from the start. The original sucked. I watched it last week on TV. I walked out of the movie when it was originally released and walked into Victor Victoria. One of my worst movie going days ever.

4. ProdigalHorn

5. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

6. 7 Iron

7 Iron 500+ Posts

RELEASE THE KRAKEN

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, not a great movie. I was entertained some, but felt disappointed. It didn't seem there was any real motivation for any of the characters.

I didn't see it as anti-Christian if that was supposed to be a theme. It was anti-god in lots of ways. There was one thing that didn't make it anti-Christian God in my mind. At the end, Zeus said something about loving mankind but he was not willing to lose his son, Perseus, on account of them. That of course is just the opposite of Christianity's God.

8. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

I've heard that the 3D was akin to a Viewmaster experience.

Any thoughts on this?

9. ProdigalHorn

10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

11. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

The original movie in the early 80's was kinda cheesy, but the story followed fairly easy. Mind you I was 8 years old at the time. Sounds like the typical re make of this era. All graphics and no plot

12. ProdigalHorn

13. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

The 3D was added AFTER filiming was done, probably to try to cash in on Avatar. The 3D in Avatar was the best I've seen -- seamless, and no cheesy effects

14. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Thank you all for saving me about ten bucks for a ticket. I would have been bummed to see such suckage when I had high hopes.

I want the Xanth books made into movies, dammit.

15. TRRW#31

TRRW#31 250+ Posts